Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Aug 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I tried searching the Hertz site using my reference but nothing coming up
Have you tried on hertz/rentacar/onlin...heckInView.jsp

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Have you tried on hertz/rentacar/onlin...heckInView.jsp
Does that allow me to go straight to the garage? I’m not bothered about the reward points as I can never get anything with them anyway.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Does that allow me to go straight to the garage? I’m not bothered about the reward points as I can never get anything with them anyway.
No. Thats the Gold Memberhsip route but its not available through 3rd parties as the system doesn't have an input for the membership number. Not aware of any way around it unfortunately.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I think it’s really sensible to get the cheaper smaller car. If you’re flying VA you could also drop the bags at DS for the return.
I would check that are still doing this. Sure they stopped it, and even more likely with the cost cutting measures!
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
No. Thats the Gold Memberhsip route but its not available through 3rd parties as the system doesn't have an input for the membership number. Not aware of any way around it unfortunately.
Ok thanks. If we stick with this booking I’ll use the online check in anyway.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I put my reference and surname in view/modify reservation and it comes up on Hertz (think it was ok on both .co.uk and .com). My reference lets me go to online check-in but as Andy says that doesn't get you straight to the garage, just cuts down the time at the desk a bit. Hopefully my luggage comes through quickly and I can beat most of the people to the garage given that Global Entry lets me get ahead at immigration. Mind you , I've gone straight through on GE before and been waiting an hour for my bags with PE .
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I was checking through skyscanner. Unfortunately, they dont go far enough forward for my September dates but just found this price for August

g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Done a wee check on Avis, just to see how things are for our dates out of interest (we have a booking with Andy )

Prices have shot up again, doubled on MCO/MCO and up by about $300 on non airport pickup and return to airport
Old 26 Aug 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kenco
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

TOP TIP

I called AVIS today to query their cancellation policy. Whilst on the phone they offered to beat the online quote, which they did (even taking into account 8.5% Topcashback).

Booked mid May 14N mid size SUV from Portofino Bay, drop back off a MCO for £535, can cancel free uno to 24hrs before collection.

Not too bad I think…
kenco is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Just to update this and keep it going - there’s a thread running on non-airport pick up being cheaper https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1203788. Useful for anyone happy to arrange alternative airport transfers or for those planning to only hire for a part of the trip. It’s not working out cheaper than the deal we have with Costco but may be good for some.

Trip Report Index