Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Aug 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
slightly serious Dibber

Visiting resorts as non guest via free transportation

Hi
Returning to florida next year, hopefully, and not visiting disney or staying onsite.
Would like to take skyliner, monorail, boats etc to visit a few resort hotels?
Any advice on a great route? Assume for free parking would start at disney springs ?
Thanks
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Which resorts were you thinking of doing as that is the main thing that will determine the route?

But to start here's a route I suggested for someone else to tour all of the deluxes, although they were staying onsite and doing a resort only day. But it would be easy to modify to start at Disney Springs instead... https://DIBB.in/15048689

Edited at 05:52 PM.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
slightly serious Dibber

Hi
Wanted to start and finish at Disney Springs, and ideally use the skyliner and monorail, and include Grand Floridian, but open to suggestions.
Thanks
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I was just editing this in, but splitting out into a separate post...

Bus from Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom Lodge
Bus from AKL to Hollywood Studios (just a transfer point, don't need to enter the park)
Skyliner to International Gateway for Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club
Bus from any of these resorts to Magic Kingdom
Boat to Wilderness Lodge
Boat back to MK, walk or monorail to Contemporary (if the boat from WL directly to Contemporary is running again by the time you go, I would do this instead - currently only the MK boat is running)
Monorail to Polynesian or Grand Floridan
Walk to whichever of the above you didn't choose
Bus back to Disney Springs

If any of these resorts/areas don't interest you, let me know and I can do a different route. I love Disney transport.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've never stayed a single night in a WDW hotel nor visited a park since 2010 but every visit (sometimes twice) we park up at DS and use all combinations of WDW transport to visit a variety of resorts.

Loldis has already suggested a good itinerary.

We often catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge than a boat across to MK to do a tour of the monorail resorts then a bus back to DS from one of them.

Or a bus to the Boardwalk and the Friendship boat round the S&D, Y&BC and HS. Often get off at HS just to people watch. We considered using the Skyliner from HS in 2019 but it was fairly new and the crowds heading that way from HS were very large.

Or a very simple boat ride to OKW, SSR or PO direct from DS.

A note of caution though. Buses from DS to the monorail resorts and the Boardwalk area don't start until 11am (as at Nov 2019 anyway ) to deter people parking at DS and getting a bus to GF or Boardwalk to avoid paying to park at the park (MK or EPCOT).

Mick
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Good point Mick. I remember them starting earlier (maybe 10am?) but I was heading for the AK area rather than MK/Boardwalk.

I guess you could be cheeky in that instance and walk to SSR and start from there. You'd have to change the order of the above to avoid adding an extra transfer in but fairly simple. There's also the Lynx bus from DS to the TTC.

So many options.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sadly I think our chances of walking past this sign in November are receding.

Mick