Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 31 Aug 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

New york at xmas

So for xmas 2023 we are thinking of doing 3 nights in new york. It is a rare opportunity as we never get time off together at this time of year. Our dds will be 9 & 3. Has anyone been over xmas? Is anywhere open on xmas day?

Thanks!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Hi yes it’s pretty magical in terms of the decorations and wonderful seasonal things to see and do. It’s also really busy as it’s a popular time of year to visit, and usually very cold. Small risk of snow and/or travel disruption due to the weather, so you would have to factor in taking winter clothing.

Lots open on Christmas Day including some fantastic restaurant options, although some attractions close I think the ice skating will still be on and it’s a great time to go and see the magnificent tree at the rockerfeller center.

I’d love to go again at this time of year, the only negative for me is how busy it will be because it’s a very popular time to visit.

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have loved all our December trips to NYC.
The decorations are amazing , the Saks light show is always amazing!
We have always gone just before so that we are back home for Christmas so I can’t comment on Christmas Day but it’s a fabulous time of year to visit
Here’s one of my favourite ever photos, we were about to do a family selfie when a well over 6ft police officer said here mam I’ll take that for you …. We weren’t going to say no
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

It’s an absolutely amazing place at Christmas. You’ll love it.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been twice now but always the weekend before Christmas and then head to Florida. Its a magical place at Christmas but very busy, we haven't been there for Christmas day but I should imagine you would be able to do ice skating and other things. Mind you we are not fussy eaters and have had a hotdog on Santa Monica pier for Christmas dinner one year. I would jump at the chance to do it again. Have fun ❤
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks. It would be 3 nights over xmas or 4 nights the first weekend in dec we could do.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We have been twice at Christmas, we stayed at the Intercontinental Times Square, loved it, and our ‘must do’ is the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall!
Its just fantastic, go late afternoon so that when you come out you are right by the Christmas tree from Home Alone.
You can also do christmas light tours, and pop into the Plaza to see the tree, and use the posh toilets.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Another vote here for The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
d1gger
Proud to wear my Ears

ditto here, although one annoyance for us, was the shows don't have a strict seated by x time as the show will start, many people were just getting up or coming in late (even after about 20mins) - not ideal as you are moving about to see the show.
Other than that, its great at Christmas, magical experience, but very cold!
Go to Macy's too - to get the Elf feel!
d1gger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
Thanks. It would be 3 nights over xmas or 4 nights the first weekend in dec we could do.
Four nights gives you basically 33% more time there so I’d go for that, personally.

Seven hour flight plus all the time to get to and go through the airports make three nights quite short in my mind

It will be cold!