Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Sep 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven't read all the replies after the first page, but just to flip it I popped into McDonalds yesterday, decided to eat in for the first time in ages, ordered on the screen, took the number for the table (didn't realise they bring it over to you now), and I had my food in about 5 minutes, no queuing due to how quick it is to use the screens, yes there were a lot of uber/just eat drivers waiting for pick ups, but it actually felt quicker between me entering the place and getting food than it used to!
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Anyone else finding the change in how McDonald’s serves its customers is for the worse?

It used to be so quick but now people just seem to be waiting around for ages and the drive thru where we live regularly gets backed up onto the roundabout causing issues

I can’t see them doing away with technology now though and going back to how it was :/
We’ve just been in a McDonald’s for breakfast , in the 15 min it took to bring our food over , I counted 9 delivery drivers leave with orders .

It’s the same in ones local to us.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Awe My poor daughter just back and is worn out is asleep as she started at 5am. A little wimper mum can you wash my uniform. These young people work extremely hard.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Awe My poor daughter just back and is worn out is asleep as she started at 5am. A little wimper mum can you wash my uniform. These young people work extremely hard.
Hope your daughter is ok now. Young people don’t get the credit for how hard they work.
I am not sure how long my daughter will last at McDonald’s to be honest. I’m not happy at the number of hours they are expecting her to work and her hours are different every shift. She finds out her hours on Sunday for the week so she can’t plan anything. Apparently there should be an app with the shifts on but it it isn’t working.

Could I ask Tinks, how many hours a week does your daughter tend to work ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
The state people leave the toilets too. It’s not uncommon to find needles ..
Oh I know I’ve seen it all.

My son also worked for Asda on security and that was an eye opener
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

She has been promoted to a shift manager there so is full time until uni restarts. She lives at home so does weekends and the days she isn’t at uni or studying. She does all hours and long shifts. From 5am to start earlies or closes which can be 2am . I’m sure her mental health nursing will give her a good insight.
She has been there since 16 and now is 21 .Can’t complain about her employers, they have worked around her availability. They even had a family day where we got a free meal and met the owners. Not my fav food but was a thoughtful gesture.
Many Mcds are run by franchises.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It’s awful to hear .

Regardless of what one thinks of Mac Donald’s and the like, politeness is key .

I hate to hear nouveau riche talk down to serving staff I’m a restaurant the same as those voicing abuse wanting a quick fast food meal deal . I am afraid I don’t hold my tongue in voicing my distain. Manners maketh a man at all times
I was about to point out you see it with a certain type of person in all kinds of places, it’s not exclusive to fast food places or a particular income group. I once got a bad case of it whilst working in the Disney store , I too got an inexperienced manager trying to tell me I was wrong not to just bend over and take it. I just smiled at her and disagreed, so she went whining to her manager , who agreed with me.
Some people are blissfully unaware , some don’t realise until it’s their own kids on the wrong end of it. Some people just like to bully . I work with a very nice gentle man ,not a day goes past he doesn’t get abused or sworn at on the phone , by contrast it rarely happens to me and when it does I nip it in the bud , they usually wind their necks in at that point .
I don’t think it’s new, just more noticeable now.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I was about to point out you see it with a certain type of person in all kinds of places, it’s not exclusive to fast food places or a particular income group. I once got a bad case of it whilst working in the Disney store , I too got an inexperienced manager trying to tell me I was wrong not to just bend over and take it. I just smiled at her and disagreed, so she went whining to her manager , who agreed with me.
Some people are blissfully unaware , some don’t realise until it’s their own kids on the wrong end of it. Some people just like to bully . I work with a very nice gentle man ,not a day goes past he doesn’t get abused or sworn at on the phone , by contrast it rarely happens to me and when it does I nip it in the bud , they usually wind their necks in at that point .
I don’t think it’s new, just more noticeable now.
It can be a case of how much you allow, which I’ve found easier as I’ve got older
I once had a man over the phone trying to intimidate me and was using a very threatening sinister voice - I immediately changed as he was crossing a line. He said I don’t like your tone to which I replied - I’m matching yours
The call ended quickly and I didn’t have an issue with him after that
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Found no difference here in Spain .
They're also very organised
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Hope your daughter is ok now. Young people don’t get the credit for how hard they work.
I am not sure how long my daughter will last at McDonald’s to be honest. I’m not happy at the number of hours they are expecting her to work and her hours are different every shift. She finds out her hours on Sunday for the week so she can’t plan anything. Apparently there should be an app with the shifts on but it it isn’t working.

Could I ask Tinks, how many hours a week does your daughter tend to work ?
How many hours is her contract for? Dds is only for 8 hrs as when she started as she could only do weekends but she usually did 12-16 hrs a week she now gets scheduled up to 40hrs depending on what days/hours she puts she’s available

The app is rubbish it’s easier to look on the website via the laptop. they are meant to have a 2 wk rota but they never get their shifts till the Sunday before so like you say impossible to make plans. You can change dd’s available hours for each day for example dd only works till 1pm on a friday. any shifts she gets allocated should then be within the hours she’s available - no guarantee you’ll get hours but at least they should be suitable. Weekend shifts are usually easier to get than weekdays
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List