Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
So was it only because of the car hire that your price increased?
Just thinking ahead if our flight and hotel (holidays booking) gets cancelled can we just change the dates without paying extra.
Thanks
If BA cancel one leg of your flights, you can move your flights for no cost but they will reprice the car/hotel.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
If BA cancel one leg of your flights, you can move your flights for no cost but they will reprice the car/hotel.
Brilliant thank you,
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
We have a BA holidays package booked for 23rd Oct. If it gets cancelled, will they offer a new booking at same price or re-quoute again?

Would prob push it back to Feb then have to cancel if borders still screwed.
We got an email from ba saying as we were aware our flight has been cancelled and now they were cancelling our holiday and due to the difficulties in getting through they are refunding us in 7 - 10 days.

We had already booked March and paid about 300 extra so we are happy to just receive the refund.
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minniecassie View Post
We got an email from ba saying as we were aware our flight has been cancelled and now they were cancelling our holiday and due to the difficulties in getting through they are refunding us in 7 - 10 days.

We had already booked March and paid about 300 extra so we are happy to just receive the refund.
This time I want to reschedule so looks like I won’t have much time to get through.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minniecassie View Post

Does it read as though you have no choice but have a refund? I definitely want to reschedule when my holiday gets cancelled next week as I want to keep the same flight price as otherwise next years prices are already a £1k price rise per person for me! Panicking now 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Does it read as though you have no choice but have a refund? I definitely want to reschedule when my holiday gets cancelled next week as I want to keep the same flight price as otherwise next years prices are already a £1k price rise per person for me! Panicking now 😢
snap ... i will be LIVID if they refund me
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

I posted a thread further up regarding my flights to/from Miami in October. I don’t believe either of these flights will be cancelled as some flights to Miami have been flying all the time. However, I got a really good price for these flights and as we’re stuck with school holidays, the next time we can get out to Florida is next Easter - which is mega expensive! I’ve heard of people changing their flight to one that they know will be cancelled in order to move it for the same price. Would this work for us? Which flight to Miami will be cancelled? We have car hire as well which I know we will have to pay extra for.

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by guinness_79 View Post
snap ... i will be LIVID if they refund me
You just have to get on the phone quick and change. I rescheduled mine the day before I received the email, several family members hesitated and the refund was in their account 2 days later, so act fast and youll be fine.

sandshal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
You just have to get on the phone quick and change. I rescheduled mine the day before I received the email, several family members hesitated and the refund was in their account 2 days later, so act fast and youll be fine.
Ok great that’s really helpful thank you. So I’m expecting the flights to be cancelled next Friday (based on this thread), when does the email comes through? Should I ring as soon as I see it on here or is there a better way to make sure I don’t leave it too late? 👍

Thank you so much for any advice, I don’t want to mess this up! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Is this true that BA will move your flights to a new date for the same price?

I get the Car and hotel elements of a holiday booking will be repriced. But are we saying that BA are honoring the original far on a new date in the future?
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread