Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Brain fog

I think hubby is fed up of me trying to work this out.
I’m actually a bit concerned as although this can happen at times this one was more confusing lol.

Yesterday I went to Newcastle on the metro to meet a friend.
I used the local metro station.
As I went to the machine , they announced that the card payment wasn’t working and either pay by cash or see an attendant or there is the call facility to speak to someone.

I put in a £20 and it gave me all change (£14.60) in £1 coins etc. The ticket didn’t come out though.
I put all the coins in my purse and while at machine a cleaner walked passed, I told him and he took me over to the microphone to speak to someone .

The woman asked my name and what ticket etc I bought, told her it was an all day all zone ticket, she said then to tell my name to any staff at the barriers and they would know I was authorised to travel all day.
Felt weird a bit not having a ticket lol.

Met my friend , paid for the coffee and put my bank card in my back pocket, I got to the seat and took my bank card out my back pocket, along with … my all day metro ticket.

Now ok we do things like this at times but what puzzles me more is how instantly I was aware that the ticket DIDNT come out and how quick I was to report that it didn’t come out lol.

I guess I best try to stop thinking about it now,
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

I think this is less brain fog and more lack of focus.

I have picked large objects up and moved them and if my brain is thinking about something else, I have no memory of moving the thing!

My guess is that you were so focussed on getting all those coins out of the machine and into your purse that you just took the ticket on auto pilot. Which can happen to anyone at any age.
Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I do this when driving. Sometimes I will be going to work, something I’ve done for the last 15 years and for parts of the journey I can’t remember driving it. I know I did because I’m there but for the life of me I can’t remember parts of it.
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My husband drew some money out of Santander and the money didn’t come out he said the machine kept the card. I phoned them up and they sorted it out but he then gave me the card! I think your brain is focused on other things, I also started a thread about getting muddled, I think we have other things on our mind x
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
beth21
Excited about Disney

I've had this especially at the hairdresser's I come away happy but then think " I can't remember her cutting it " obviously she did but it's a very strange feeling
beth21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by beth21 View Post
I've had this especially at the hairdresser's I come away happy but then think " I can't remember her cutting it " obviously she did but it's a very strange feeling
I am exactly the same but it’s because am so familiar with her and I talk most of the time not even noticing what she’s doing lol .
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I do it all the time, it's like being on auto pilot.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I do things like that all the time and it's because my mind is in multiple places at the same time! I was reading a book recently, I think it was Wilde Women by Louise Pentland, and it was explained perfectly - the author described it as having too many tabs open in your mind's browser. So true!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Let's face it Jane, you're going doolally like me 🤔😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Let's face it Jane, you're going doolally like me 🤔😁
It’s the lack of holidays