Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 9 Sep 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

London hotel(not the Disney event)

I am going to London in December and wondered what area you guys would suggest. Normally I just pick a PI but that’s when we are all together and DH is with me but this time it will be myself and DD so want to pick somewhere that is near the tube so I’m not walking in the dark on my own.
We will be doing some back to back shows one is in the Southwark playhouse and the other at the Phoenix theatre. Is there a right or wrong place?
TIA

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I know you said maybe not a PI but we had a great time recently in one near Borough Market. I was a little apprehensive before you went as you have to walk through the market from London Bridge station and underneath the railway arches but there are lots of restaurants and bars along the way so there were always lots of people around and we always felt safe.

Are you seeing Come from away at the Phoenix?
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I know you said maybe not a PI but we had a great time recently in one near Borough Market. I was a little apprehensive before you went as you have to walk through the market from London Bridge station and underneath the railway arches but there are lots of restaurants and bars along the way so there were always lots of people around and we always felt safe.

Are you seeing Come from away at the Phoenix?
I’m def not against PI as we always stay in them but as there are only 2 of us this time thought I might pick something up cheaper that was plush. I just want to make sure it’s not too far from the tube as I don’t want to be walking in the dark if it’s quiet.
Oo yes can’t wait and hopefully pretty woman
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always stay at the PI Kings Cross (as our train gets into Kx) - 3 mins walk from the tube, so its easy to get anywhere.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We always stay at the PI Kings Cross (as our train gets into Kx) - 3 mins walk from the tube, so its easy to get anywhere.
Thank you
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

London Bridge hotel through booking.com
Stayed here in July and it was lovely.
Right next door to the Shard.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

We did a recent theatre trip (5 shows in 4 days) we stayed at DoubleTree Angel but only because a great deal. It’s about 5 min walk from Angel station. Easy to get to on the tube as on Nothern Line with a quick change at Euston.

We’re back down again next month for 4 shows but this is just a PI at Euston but never stayed there before. Again, looks a short walk from the station.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Slore View Post
We did a recent theatre trip (5 shows in 4 days) we stayed at DoubleTree Angel but only because a great deal. It’s about 5 min walk from Angel station. Easy to get to on the tube as on Nothern Line with a quick change at Euston.

We’re back down again next month for 4 shows but this is just a PI at Euston but never stayed there before. Again, looks a short walk from the station.
Not stayed there but walked past many times, good location for the station, certainly. And you can get so many places from Euston on the tube easily.

We lived in London 27 years but moved to Wales to take care of my parents. Theatre is the thing we miss most - 5 shows in 4 days sounds like my new life goal!

Edited at 09:36 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have just returned from a fantastic stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. Its in a great location and literally less than a minutes walk from Marble Arch tube station. We got a great deal by booking in through the Travelzoo deal. I can highly recommend the bottomless brunch too, they are very generous with the prosecco!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We lived in London 27 years but moved to Wales to take care of my parents. Theatre is the thing we miss most - 5 shows in 4 days sounds like my new life goal!
It will just make it even more special when you get to go again. We missed it so much and had loads of shows planned that were all cancelled. We decided to make a week of it catching up. It was incredible.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List