Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Totally agree. He was never going to mention travel in the speech. The Americans don’t care anyway.

Half the world have been allowed to travel to the states the whole time. When the rest of us are allowed it will not be a big deal out there. It will barely be a news story. I truly believe it could be announced any day and likely by the end of the month. The 1st October seems to be the date we align our covid travel policies with the states. That may just be a coincidence but I’m a big fan of coincidences.

The airlines are cancelling when they are (circa 5 weeks out) because they need that time to get operations up and running fully. If the ban was lifted tomorrow, they would put back on some flights but they wouldn’t be able to run a full schedule for a few weeks. The cancellation schedule they’re carrying out now will give them the flexibility later.
If BA haven’t cancelled the next batch of flights by the middle of this week, then somethings going on.
Don’t flame me, I have no concrete evidence to share. It’s just a gut feeling from everything I’ve been reading the last few weeks.
I share your gut feeling. Have done for some time now. I did wonder if the 1st October could be a coincidental alignment of the stars.

I also believe that travel ban could be binned in the stroke of a pen. It will happen without fanfare at least in the US.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
I share your gut feeling. Have done for some time now. I did wonder if the 1st October could be a coincidental alignment of the stars.

I also believe that travel ban could be binned in the stroke of a pen. It will happen without fanfare at least in the US.
Most definitely agree. It’ll be announced for the next day, a week max.

I’m in for the 30th Oct. I’ve got the Miami flights that go and I’ll happily leave it until a few days before the flight before cancelling (BA Avios flights). We’ve got a Dubai holiday as back up leaving a few days later.

From a selfish point of view I’d like another weeks of cancellations, as I have a couple of bookings I want to move to xmas and the summer, where there’s no Avios availability.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Most definitely agree. It’ll be announced for the next day, a week max.

I’m in for the 30th Oct. I’ve got the Miami flights that go and I’ll happily leave it until a few days before the flight before cancelling (BA Avios flights). We’ve got a Dubai holiday as back up leaving a few days later.

From a selfish point of view I’d like another weeks of cancellations, as I have a couple of bookings I want to move to xmas and the summer, where there’s no Avios availability.
Good luck! I'm still alive for 8th Oct. Got until 17th before it will be cancelled by BA. Not sure what I feel now but good to know BA have our backs. Genuinely great customer service from them.
Old 11 Sep 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Some positive news rumours circulating...pre departure and day 2 PCR tests to be dropped for double jabbed in the October review. Not approved or date set but looking good for anyone who is travelling layer this year.

dailymail/news/art...vid-tests.html
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Good luck! I'm still alive for 8th Oct. Got until 17th before it will be cancelled by BA. Not sure what I feel now but good to know BA have our backs. Genuinely great customer service from them.
Hiya,

Can I just check your situation - are you flying somewhere other than MCO? (I just wondered why you have until 17th, as I thought BA had cancelled to the 10th?)

Also, when you say great service by BA, can I check what they have told you Re your booking?

I’m only asking as I too have had amazing service from BA so far, but there is now a thread saying that BA are no longer moving flights for the same price to next year, so I’m quite anxious now about our possible upcoming cancellation, as the price to rebook for next summer is very high.

Sorry to ask, was just hoping you might have some good news! 😊
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hiya,

Can I just check your situation - are you flying somewhere other than MCO? (I just wondered why you have until 17th, as I thought BA had cancelled to the 10th?)

Also, when you say great service by BA, can I check what they have told you Re your booking?

I’m only asking as I too have had amazing service from BA so far, but there is now a thread saying that BA are no longer moving flights for the same price to next year, so I’m quite anxious now about our possible upcoming cancellation, as the price to rebook for next summer is very high.

Sorry to ask, was just hoping you might have some good news! 😊
Yes Wolf is on a Miami flight that goes but BA will allow a refund if the borders are closed 3 weeks before the flight.

Where’s the thread about BA not moving flights for the same price? I haven’t seen that.
Just seen it. It’s just 1 person getting the dodgy agents. It’d be all over flyertalk if they went back to the booking date rule (which they did for about 2 days).

Edited at 08:44 AM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Yes Wolf is on a Miami flight that goes but BA will allow a refund if the borders are closed 3 weeks before the flight.

Where’s the thread about BA not moving flights for the same price? I haven’t seen that.
Just seen it. It’s just 1 person getting the dodgy agents. It’d be all over flyertalk if they went back to the booking date rule (which they did for about 2 days).
Just seen your reply over there - thank you so much! I can breathe again for another week - just want this sorted now one way or another 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Amy56 here's my post from the BA thread. Should fill in all the blanks...

An update on my situation in the hope it helps others:

I'm (still) a BA flight and car from EDI to MIA via LHR. Flights are on American metal so haven't been cancelled.

The BA cancellation round came and went for us with no activity.

A week later BA finally email but it's a balance reminder! Time to contact BA holidays...not an easy task as many of you will know only too well.

Finally got through today and was absolutely honest. Said I would like a refund knowing that in all likelihood they would say no sorry flights are running but we'll give you a voucher...

Not so! I was advised to call back within 3 weeks of departure, not to pay the balance and I was reassured that if the border was still closed the booking deposit would be refunded.

I even said what if I can't get through given the call volumes just now and the usual Terms and conditions...again not worry. In the current situation BA will automatically cancel.

Great service from BA as usual. Remains to be seen if the next agent tells the same story next week but hope this helps others.

In summary if you're on a US bound BA holiday booking where your flights are still going BA are saying they will refund you within 3 weeks of departure, not before...provided the border remains closed.
Old 12 Sep 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Toad
First POST

We are holding out nervously! Booked for Aventura on 30th October for 3 weeks with TUI. We have enough of cancelled Orlando holidays, we were booked with Thomas Cook in August 2019, Dorian cancelled that and then TC went under for October! We eventually got there Dec 19, loved it! Some kind man gave us his paper FP for ROTR. Desperate to get back but running out of time
Toad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Amy56 here's my post from the BA thread. Should fill in all the blanks...
This is good to know, Wolf We are also on flights which currently still fly LHR-DFW- MIA -LHR
I want to cancel and rebook another flight a green list country
BA live chat have said they ca'nt help today and the BA Holidays number is not taking calls tried all day yesterday and for the last 3:45 hours today as they are at capacity and they just cut you off after going through the options.

I am concerned as our balance is due in three weeks and it is pretty hefty as we are flying first, which we got a great deal and will probably never see the likes of again
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List