Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You're still too early - only BA will have released return flights on or around 31st August thus far.

You'll need to wait until the end of this month to get a broader range of options, and there'll be a lot if you're prepared to fly indirect, particularly if you can be flexible between the likes of Orlando, Tampa and Miami as destination airports.
Totally.

BA are at present, knowingly releasing those flights when the rivals have not yet entered the market. They are aware of their currently great protection terms and also that they have 2 years of pent up demand driving the market.
If you had the only ticket in town, would you sell it at discount?

My advice if budget matters, is to wait until all of the hats are in the ring at 330 .. and then maybe a few weeks more.

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Very Serious Dibber

Not had chance to read all of this thread so apologies if this has been covered but I am looking for a car and flight package (i have a 350 voucher from BA) for the summer hols but their prices are still ridiculous! I paid 2700 for 4 of us and car hire for october this year but it's coming out at around 5k for the summer! Will these prices drop?
WDW CSR Hopeful for October 2021
Universal trip planning for Easter 2023
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
Getting Excited

Yes itís grim but consensus seems to be that BA are super high at the moment because they release flights earlier than everyone else so have a monopolyÖ..they may come down after September when there is more competition?
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Very Serious Dibber

aw really hope so because there is no way im paying double. I'll have to find a different sort of holiday if this is the way it's going. I will keep checking and hopefully they'll start moving down
WDW CSR Hopeful for October 2021
Universal trip planning for Easter 2023
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
aw really hope so because there is no way im paying double. I'll have to find a different sort of holiday if this is the way it's going. I will keep checking and hopefully they'll start moving down
Our flights have been out few wks, started at 1100 now 700 so have come down, still expensive as indirect, to Miami, we usually pay about 500 for indirect in summer hols but usually with car, I have managed to get an suv for 200pw with hertz via auto eoropre
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Being a bit Goofy

looking at birmingham "up" the best we found for 4 adults was 2800 tui glasgow to MLB direct 8th august to 22nd. ghost flights were more expensive.

virgin had a glasgow flight late august for 13 nights but i cant remember date. it was 3k though.

these are flight only.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

My dates for direct are available on BA and have been for a few days.
At over £5000 return for my family of 5 is too much.
I have been waiting for the BA and AA code share to be available at 331/330 days. I was hoping to get indirect with
US connection under £4000, hopefully closer to £3500

But then after putting the wrong dates in and using late June instead of late July for dummy booking I found direct out for 400 and return around 300. This bringing direct in at just over £3500.

I now don't know what's going on. I thought I'd be booking indirect as soon as my return date is available but I'm now wondering if direct will go down if I wait a few extra weeks.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. August 2017. WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
Getting Excited

But isnít that just because June is outside of school holidays? This all gets very brain addling doesnít it!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Jolou your probably right. I think looking at so many options is melting my brains.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. August 2017. WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
Getting Excited

😂 I HATE not knowing what to do! Iím a control freak and uncertainty really doesnít work for meÖ..!