Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 21, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gbaz44
Earning More Ears

We booked flights last week for next July, about £100 more expensive each than last time (2018) even though we're flying indirect this time. We are doing both Disney and Universal on-site mainly because being the only driver I got fed up with it the last time (seemed to be increased traffic and the parking fees at parks didn't help).

I was really looking forward to Disney on-site but the various changes have definitely reduced this. Will be our first time staying on-site having done villas our previous 2.

Was thinking how nice getting free magical express would be. I've now downloaded Uber app and will probably have Lyft by next year too.

We had looked forward to dining plan but have credits instead.

We had looked forward to the extra magic hours but they at moment only seem to be slightly early access - we're staying in moderate.

We have already discussed only doing Universal if we go to Orlando again. Being a Star Wars fan I was the one that pushed for Disney, if Tron is open too that'll be a bonus. Honestly we're now just looking for different experiences before kids (both mid teens by time of trip) are cut off and can pay for their own holidays lol. We're already looking at Japan as one option and no Disney Tokyo isn't in those plans. Yet.

Until things are cleared up and protocols determined there is that lingering doubt we won't actually get to go next year. Fingers crossed things improve and decisions are made in time.

Edited at 06:42 AM.
gbaz44 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

OT but i wouldnt hold out on Japan next year. We have credits for our second 2021 Japan trip and 2022 looked very bad so that one has been canned. Probably moving our credits to a later 2022 WDW. Japan has no roadmap for the country opening in 2022.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gbaz44
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
OT but i wouldnt hold out on Japan next year. We have credits for our second 2021 Japan trip and 2022 looked very bad so that one has been canned. Probably moving our credits to a later 2022 WDW. Japan has no roadmap for the country opening in 2022.
No not looking at Japan for next year, would be a future trip, probably a couple of years after I've recovered from the financial ruin of visiting Orlando next year lol
gbaz44 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

aha I understand. We have the holiday credits for Japan and need to move those so im looking at booking WDW instead, we have been once and it was a villa some years ago. This would be an entire onsite stay and a full travel agent package, usually a DIY tourist so something alien to us...

Edited at 07:16 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

No idea. We're booked for August 2022, should have gone last year. I'm so thankful to have been lucky enough to have visited numerous times before. Just one more time please before my children are too cool holiday with mum and dad!
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

I have pushed back what was to be a cheeky week at Universal from November 2020 to 2021 and then to November 2022 booked with Virgin.

i am now in half a mind to either move to November 2023 or cancel completely as the prices have gone up quite a bit.
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are rebooked , yet again. This time for May and for the west coast.
Rebooking is easy with American and hotels , carhire etc are all refundable (and no doubt some will get tweaked with Black Friday sales).
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

I've booked for my son and I for June/July next year.

Staying on I Drive and last two nights at Loews Universal Hotel to qualify for The Express Unlimited for a couple of days.

PE (WTP) with BA from LHR direct.

Only had to front up £200 to BA with the balance payable three weeks before travel - is there any other way to book ?

Will certainly be visiting Seaworld and Busch Gardens in addition to Universal. plus old favourite Gatorland.

Undecided on Disney will wait to see how the new system pans out. It is very expensive but will probably end up going for at least a couple of days.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

We are booked for August. Have never been to the US and 2020 was supposed to be our big family trip before the children all completely outgrew it.
In 2022 they will be 22, 19 and 15 so really hope this time it happens.
Have paid deposit with Disney and yesterday paid deposit for BA flights (with help from here).
Definitely costing more than plan A but it is what it is and still want to make the most of whatever is on offer.
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We had our PE Virgin late Sept MCO return flights cancelled recently and moved them like for like to a pre planned trip in April May 22. We already have Jan 22 booked and plan to book Sept too.
If we had changed our airport for those Sept 21 flights it was an eye watering £388 pp. we wanted to change it to Out MIA return MCO as we have a DCL booked out of Miami. Now looking to change the itinerary to Port Canaveral.
I know this seems like a lot of holidays in one year but we own DVC and are desperately trying use our points and airmiles/ companion flights before we have to lose them, rent them or put them in RCI.
In Sept we booked a last minute Princess cruise, our first time not cruising Disney as we did the staycation Magic out of Southampton and the testing parking process was all so easy. The 7 night has no flights involved and we just want to go somewhere as we can’t move our leave, it rained all week in our UK May week 😩. The cost of finding nice trips when we wouldn’t be paying out much at all due to loads of air-miles and DVC is quite disheartening.
We were supposed to do our five yearly big family and friends trip in 2020 and we have decided to look at doing that in 2023. They want to see how it has all settled down, Genie plus etc. not having Birthday crowds to contend with, and hopefully the flights and travel industry will have settled down to what ever their new normal is.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List