Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Sep 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
When was that? I cancelled with Auto Europe in April 2020 and got my refund immediately. Maybe things changed in the meantime.
February this year.

TBH I didn't expect an immediate refund, but once I sent them an email the refund was paid a few days later. It wouldn't stop me booking with them in future, if the price was right.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Sorry for the lateness... Email Brett with the Strathearn/Alamo refund issue and he'll resolve. He's aware of this problem: Brett.Warrener@ehi.com
Thanks for this Andy, wish i’d noticed it at the time, would’ve hopefully saved me a lot of hassle.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryLove
First POST

Have just joined this site and so pleased. For a month (not as long as some) have been repeatedly told by multiple service advisors Alamo will not refund and to contact third party (Strathearn). Cannot believe how well known this problem is and nothing done to resolve. Anyway thanks for posting the email for point of contact. Fingers crossed.
TerryLove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Took me a month to get a refund in the end despite repeatedly being told it was being done by the UK side. Contacted the email address DFCH-Andy posted and the guy resolved it and the money was back within days. So rest assured you should be fine.

And thanks to Andy for the contact!
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Is there still an issue getting an Alamo Brits refund? - I booked last week as prices were very close to others but the gap is starting to widen a little now and want to keep all my options open.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Is there still an issue getting an Alamo Brits refund? - I booked last week as prices were very close to others but the gap is starting to widen a little now and want to keep all my options open.
I booked with Alamo brits again and am out here now. I cancelled and rebooked about five times before coming out as prices dropped so the refund issue was non-existent this time. There was a bug that prevented me skipping the counter though - not sure if that is still ongoing.
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PEAB View Post
I booked with Alamo brits again and am out here now. I cancelled and rebooked about five times before coming out as prices dropped so the refund issue was non-existent this time. There was a bug that prevented me skipping the counter though - not sure if that is still ongoing.
Excellent- thank you. Annoying though if skip the counter doesn’t work. Are the kiosks also a way of skipping the hard counter sell?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Yes, there's still a problem with STC. The explanation I've been given is my credit card needs to be verified at the counter. Bit odd considering they've taken full payment already 🤔
I'll be cancelling as soon as price is down. I'll have another bash at a new booking but will complete OLCI and STC details straight away. 🤞
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Yeah I found when I did a brand new booking and did accelerated check in and skip the counter immediately it worked. However it did also charge me twice with one immediately refunded but obviously this took a few days to adjust on the credit card.
Old 28 Sep 22, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Yeah I found when I did a brand new booking and did accelerated check in and skip the counter immediately it worked. However it did also charge me twice with one immediately refunded but obviously this took a few days to adjust on the credit card.
Thanks, that's encouraging news 👍
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List