Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

PS5 VR - help please?

Hi

My 11 year old has informed us that he's asking for a VR set and games for his PS5 for Christmas (we've asked them to decide early in case of supply issues).

I'm lost... like more lost than I've ever been. Is there a certain one I should be looking for? Anything to look out for etc.?

Thanks so much
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

Hi, I understand from my son that PlayStation are bringing out a new PSVR next year for the PS5. No date has been released yet.

You can, however, use the current version of PSVR but you will need an adaptor to use this on the PS5.

You can buy the PSVR on its own or as a pack with games - smythstoys/uk/en-gb/...-pack/p/195762

I think you may be able to request an adaptor from PlayStation from here - camera-adaptor.support.playstation/en-gb

I hope this helps

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotty0910 View Post
Hi, I understand from my son that PlayStation are bringing out a new PSVR next year for the PS5. No date has been released yet.

You can, however, use the current version of PSVR but you will need an adaptor to use this on the PS5.

You can buy the PSVR on its own or as a pack with games - smythstoys/uk/en-gb/...-pack/p/195762

I think you may be able to request an adaptor from PlayStation from here - camera-adaptor.support.playstation/en-gb

I hope this helps
Huge help, thanks so much, I'll have a look at those links!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

If your budget stretches I’d would look at the oculus quest VR rather than the playstation one its far superior in both graphics and game choice and no wires needed.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
If your budget stretches I’d would look at the oculus quest VR rather than the playstation one its far superior in both graphics and game choice and no wires needed.
my friend suggested this to me actually, I'll need to look into it. Can you get games with characters he would know? Like avengers, starwars etc?
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
my friend suggested this to me actually, I'll need to look into it. Can you get games with characters he would know? Like avengers, starwars etc?
There are a few star wars games but no avengers at the moment. There are so many games I’m sure there would be plenty he’d play. Ds has quite a few action/sports games his favourites ones currently are climb 2 & beat saber. Lots of educational and puzzles games too.

You do have to link it to a Facebook account but you can pay by PayPal.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List