Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Meal plan or not?

We’ve been a good few times and had meal plans last few. Hubby and I are planning to go 1st December and I’m wondering if it’s worth adding dining? Any advice appreciated.
Old 12 Sep 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I think the only way to decide is to price up where you'd want to eat and compare that to the cost of the meal plans.

What I find frustrating is that you can't have a meal plan for just some of the days of your holiday. Some days we'd choose a hotel breakfast and an evening buffet, so the meal plan would work out cheaper - but some days we'd be happy with a quick service breakfast in which case it'd be cheaper to pay OOP.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are going 1st November. I am very familiar with all things WDW dining, but a novice to DLP but I have been looking into it with some helpful advice on here already.

We are a party of two adults and we enjoy going out for nice meals and will go to some of the higher priced TS restaurant. We also understand DLP closes early in winter so going out for a nice dinner will definitely be on the cards for our evening.

The plan I am contemplating is the half board plus plan, plus seems to be the default as we are staying in the Marvel hotel and half board as we wouldn’t bother prepaying for breakfast only and full board looks way too much.

I booked the hotel without a plan as we decided paying as we went would make more sense and we thought we won’t want a big breakfast every day. However now I have looked a minutes, I realise if we go to a good restaurant every day, it looks like the cost of a main course alone is going to 2/3rds if not more of the cost of the plan, so we might as well pay for the plan and get breakfast and dinner for not much more. I haven’t added it on yet, I will do so nearer the time as I am still not convinced we are going ahead, but I think we will add it on in the end.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Definitely add it on (you can still get your money back if you cancel, or you can postpone).

If you're going to eat at Plus restaurants and have breakfast, the plan works out cheaper.

I'd get your restaurants booked now - you can do this on the app. We booked ours last night for 14-17 November and it wasn't easy to get reservations for Downtown (the buffet in Art of Marvel) though Manhattan was easier.

If you want any of the in-park restaurants it may have to be lunch. Remy's last seating was 4pm according to the app.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I’ve booked 4 nights at Sequoia Lodge, Golden Forest with half board plus. I’m so excited!
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

In that case you should have got a discount on the dining plan, as you get breakfast with Golden Forest.

Good choice!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Yes I did
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Definitely add it on (you can still get your money back if you cancel, or you can postpone).

If you're going to eat at Plus restaurants and have breakfast, the plan works out cheaper.

I'd get your restaurants booked now - you can do this on the app. We booked ours last night for 14-17 November and it wasn't easy to get reservations for Downtown (the buffet in Art of Marvel) though Manhattan was easier.

If you want any of the in-park restaurants it may have to be lunch. Remy's last seating was 4pm according to the app.
I made some reservations the other day, I hadn’t looked at Downtown as if we buy a dining plan I think we would be going there every day for breakfast anyway. But yes, it looks like it is booked up for dinner every night of my stay anyway. I thought Manhattan would be the harder one to get, I booked that for our last night. The one I am really looking forward to is Remy’s, not for the food, but for the decor.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We love Remy’s - excellent steaks.