Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

British Airways Seat Bookings - Refunds

Hi Just wondering if our flight in December has to be changed to a voucher ( happy to take this) as we cant go due to borders being closed ,whether they will refund the seat reservation costs separately?

Thanks
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Our cancelled December 2020 BA Holidays flight had seating costs and deposit included in one payment.

Villefranche-Sur-Mer, Cte dAzur - now May 2022
Mediterranean Cruise from Southampton - Britannia - now September 2022
Florida for Christmas - now December 2021

Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Proud to wear my Ears

As the complete opposite of the above, I had my July 21 holiday cancelled and had my deposit converted to a voucher and then had to fill in a form to get my seat payments refunded separately
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
As the complete opposite of the above, I had my July 21 holiday cancelled and had my deposit converted to a voucher and then had to fill in a form to get my seat payments refunded separately
Ours was the same as this. Had to apply separately for the seat refund but it was processed without delay.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
VIP Dibber

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We had a refund in cash for our cancelled 2020 trip (flight only) and a voucher for the deposit on our cancelled 2021 trip (package). Both times wed booked our seats with Avios and the seat refund was processed separately and our EC account credited with the Avios
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Trying for More Ears

I asked about this when I booked and was told that for Flight only the voucher includes seat payments and for Holidays seat payments are refunded back to your card.
If BA cancel your holiday/flight due to the borders being closed, you will be able to have a full refund rather than a voucher. For my August holiday, a full refund was the default option if I did nothing with the cancellation news.
Fairy123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I applied for a voucher on Friday and I am sure I read that I would get the seats refunded with the deposit all as a voucher? If not it will be a nightmare as I tried 30 times over 24 hours to get through last week and couldnt even get in a call queue!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

We recently cancelled our holiday booking with BA for October and the seat reservation fee was returned separately back in to the account it was paid from. Took a couple of days
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
helenrum
Proud to wear my Ears

Im having problems getting my seats refunded because our return flight not yet cancelled but BA cancelled our FLYDRIVE two weeks ago. You would think they would cancel the whole thing in one go but seems not. Anybody else had this experience.

1998 MARRIOT RESIDENCE INN LBV 2002 QUALITY INN PLAZA 2005 BEST WESTERN INTERNATIONAL DRIVE 2006 VILLA LINDFIELDS 2007/2008 VILLA WESTBURY 2009 VILLA WATERSONG 2011 VILLA WATERSONG
helenrum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List