Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

bigoven/recipe/jamie...n-korma/491814

Hopefully this link works. I have a few Jamie Oliver cookbooks and this recipe is in one and I just tweaked it to make it veggie by replacing the chicken with more tins of chickpeas. I usually use 3 tins for this recipe. Once you’ve made it a couple of times it’s easier to tweak it to suit for personal taste, such as extra chilli to make it spicier or extra coconut milk/cream to make it less spicy. We usually serve with basmati rice, some Nan bread and some natural yogurt

Edited at 11:11 PM.
Fudge123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Oh I believe it'll come! I really do think it'll either be duck from the chinese or a mcchicken sandwich LOL
There is a shredded duck substitute by Linda McCartney in the refrigerated section. Unfortunately not freezable so not great for one person but it was ok.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Could you put butternut squash in her lasagne? Rather than replace the mince?

I'd also suggest after a few months asking the doctor/nurse to check her bloods, that way you can keep an eye on any potential deficiencies.

I had blood taken when I was exhausted all the time and given iron, B12 and folic acid in the interim. My iron was actually high and had to be checked later down the line so swiftly taken off of that one.

Also turns out I'm allergic to cobalt so the B12 had to get patched too. Natural sources it is!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
If she is not keen on dairy as well, she will need a calcium supplement . Myfitnesspal has a vitamin tracker, we saw that Dd was seriously deficient in her diet... (which could explain the broken foot! )
Not true. As long as she’s eating plenty of leafy green vegetables, dairy alternatives, beans and tofu she’ll be fine.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

You daughter should be able to get all vitamins and nutrients she needs without much effort, assuming she’s eating a well balanced diet. The only thing she may not get is B12, though most alternatives are fortified with it now. Just to be on the safe side I have these most days vegums/.

I’ve tried a lot of plant based alternatives, if your daughter doesn’t like one type or brand I definitely recommend trying a different product. Some are great, unfortunately some are awful!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much everyone. Loads of helpful info. Last night was a quick quorn nuggets, potatoes and spaghetti hoops and tonight is another quick turn around so I'll maybe nip to Gregg's and get her a vegan sausage roll to try in between dance classes. I can then do a smoothie for her coming home. I'll pick up some spinach to blitz in with oats and frozen berries
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

My daughter is vegan and uses Engevita which is nutritional yeast and contains vitamin B12. You can just add it to meals . Most supermarkets stock it.

We all eat vegetarian meals at home - found this recipe in Mary Berrys comfort food book and made it the other day and everyone really enjoyed it.

thehappyfoodie/recipes...-potato-jumble
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I a, so glad I will not have to go through this with my daughter she works at a butchers and wants to choose which Turkey we get for Christmas
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List