Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

BA have some good prices to Miami. Nearly booked last night but the return flight was via Madrid with Iberia. I’m hesitant due to current circumstances. Has anyone flown this route before? Or even with Iberia?
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donnalou36 View Post
BA have some good prices to Miami. Nearly booked last night but the return flight was via Madrid with Iberia. I’m hesitant due to current circumstances. Has anyone flown this route before? Or even with Iberia?

There wasn't an option to change the flight was there? - Only asking because if you build a trip it tends to offer you the cheapest at first.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Yes there was…..but it was a additional £1100. I’ll keep searching as I’m aware that AA don’t have dates out yet for indirect with BA.
Thank you.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Somersetunicorn
Getting to know the DIBB

Just booked - £5144 for Virgin flights Economy Classic for 6 adults and 2 children for Fri 15.07.22 to Sat 30.07.22 LHR to Miami. Was looking for Indirect originally to MCO but I wanted simplest option with all the COVID stuff, increasing risks by transiting through another country, stress of flight delays & ultimately simplest refund if flights are cancelled! Now to decide whether to stay in Miami the first night in a hotel or to travel straight up to Orlando and pay the extra night in the villa we are staying in?!
Somersetunicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Somersetunicorn View Post
Just booked - £5144 for Virgin flights Economy Classic for 6 adults and 2 children for Fri 15.07.22 to Sat 30.07.22 LHR to Miami. Was looking for Indirect originally to MCO but I wanted simplest option with all the COVID stuff, increasing risks by transiting through another country, stress of flight delays & ultimately simplest refund if flights are cancelled! Now to decide whether to stay in Miami the first night in a hotel or to travel straight up to Orlando and pay the extra night in the villa we are staying in?!
Definitely stay in a hotel and drive the next day. It's a long drive and best to do it after some rest.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Somersetunicorn View Post
We always stay the first night. A 4 hour drive, after a day of flying is horrific.
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Booked Manchester to Miami, 5 adults, 1 child. 27/7- 17/8 with BA £3774. 21 days and this was the sweet spot in terms of price. No luggage at this price but we will add a couple of cases nearer to travel.

A little more than I would normally pay but happy with the price and BA book with confidence policy.

Added a villa in orlando for £2900 for 17 nights. A little more than we normally pay but not over the top.

Family excited again 😁. Let's hope all is well for next summer.

Car, tickets and extra few nights hotel at start and end still need to book.

Happy days.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

So I dont get this, can anyone explain. Im using ba.com to check flight prices and worked out if i choose to look using just 1 adult i can see the prices as below, but why the the prices on the top not match the price in the blue boxes?!?!

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
So I dont get this, can anyone explain. Im using ba.com to check flight prices and worked out if i choose to look using just 1 adult i can see the prices as below, but why the the prices on the top not match the price in the blue boxes?!?!

The blue box is the cheapest price that day, u have to scroll through the list to find the cheapest
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

In a word no! I just tried a search and the date in black font at the top matched the blue box……. I have been doing these searches for weeks and they always match so don’t get it….!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List