Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
we have the Panasonic dual phone blockers. Best thing we ever brought. we took some time to add in all contacts, including Doctors etc then set it to block all 0800 numbers and other callers have to announce them selves . Then we chose who we answer. we also divert unknown callers to the built in answer phone.
You need to have caller ID in your phone package for it to be effective. we never get scam/cold calls now, so when the phone rings we know its friends or family
This exactly, you don't block the numbers, you block anyone who isn't in your contacts list. Anyone who genuinely wants to speak to you will press the button to announce themselves so you can choose to answer or not.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Thank you all, do you have to be on a BT phone line to use these? I am on Sky.
Sky has Sky Talk Shield for their customers, does exactly the same job as Call Guardian but is integrated into your line so no special phone or equipment needed and is free.
All details on Sky.com , just ask Sky to add it instantly. Available on all but the really old telephone exchanges.

Edited at 09:20 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Sky has Sky Talk Shield , does exactly the same job as Call Guardian but is integrated into your line so no special phone or equipment needed and is free.
All details on Sky.com , just ask Sky to add it instantly. Available on all but the really old telephone exchanges.
I didnt know that. Thank you so much as I will call contact Sky today and get it added (I need my landline to receive calls but have an original 1970’s TRIMphone not a fancy digital one ) 🙏
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the call guardian phones but it kept blocking my mum from calling so had to turn that function off as whatever we tried it blocked her. I think dh did it on purpose 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I didnt know that. Thank you so much as I will call contact Sky today and get it added (I need my landline to receive calls but have an original 1970’s TRIMphone not a fancy digital one ) 🙏
Very cool
Love a retro phone and that one takes me right back !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you all, especially duchy, did not know about the sky shield, will look into this.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Still remember my green trim phone with fondness.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Still remember my green trim phone with fondness.
This is mine - got from EBay. I love the warble ringing

megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List