Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 14 Sep 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Free water is common knowledge, any vendor will give it to you.

We watch most of their park videos and never seen anything about getting free snacks. Maybe it was a 'hack' that Disney know about and are perfectly OK with? Disney Food Blog do that sort of thing all the time.

Certainly never seen anything about hiring wheelchairs and that seems incredibly unlikely to me. Perhaps it was highlighting the fact that some people do it - to bring it to light, rather than to condone it?

I'm not saying they never do anything wrong, they're human, of course they do. But once we get into the realm of rumour and half-truth, I'm out.
The snack one I have seen and it wasn’t something Disney knew about. I can’t remember the exact way they did it in the vlog but they were laughing about it and basically saying it served Disney right because of the prices they charge. It was an old vlog but they chose to re-show it last year which as I’ve said seemed strange considering the content.
I have admitted I haven’t watched the others, so I cannot comment on those, but it has already been mentioned on here about the others.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I've only been watching The Trackers for a year or so and I haven't seen anything inappropriate or discriminatory. So, I feel like I am seeing who they are now. We all evolve.

I can't imagine, from what I've seen of them, that they'd do something like encourage people to rent wheelchairs just to avoid waiting in line.

I don't know, of course, because I'm new to the channel, but these kinds of discussions seem to contain too many guesses, half-truths, maybes, mixed interpretations and hearsay.

I agree about holding people to a standard (and I'm not saying Tim & Jenn are perfect - who is?), but I, also, think it's important to be clear and accurate when making accusations. ...And to acknowledge the subjectivity of each of our interpretations.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I've only been watching The Trackers for a year or so and I haven't seen anything inappropriate or discriminatory. So, I feel like I am seeing who they are now. We all evolve.

I can't imagine, from what I've seen of them, that they'd do something like encourage people to rent wheelchairs just to avoid waiting in line.

I don't know, of course, because I'm new to the channel, but these kinds of discussions seem to contain too many guesses, half-truths, maybes, mixed interpretations and hearsay.

I agree about holding people to a standard (and I'm not saying Tim & Jenn are perfect - who is?), but I, also, think it's important to be clear and accurate when making accusations. ...And to acknowledge the subjectivity of each of our interpretations.
I’ve been watching them for around 9 years and never seen anything questionable.
It’s like you can never be forgiven for your past but I think in this case people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones ..
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Newsflash: If you don't like something, you are not forced to watch it
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

It’s very strange how the successful vloggers always get trolls. The DIS has whole sites dedicated to Pete-bashing. Same with the Trackers.

It’s pure jealousy.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
It’s very strange how the successful vloggers always get trolls. The DIS has whole sites dedicated to Pete-bashing. Same with the Trackers.

It’s pure jealousy.
Very true let’s be honest if I could make a living out of visiting Disney I would.
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
Very true let’s be honest if I could make a living out of visiting Disney I would.
Hell to the nope. Not for me. No privacy, and always having to do what your viewers want in order to get your viewing figures up? People scrutinising everything you do and say, and even having a go at your child? No thanks.

Over the last 28 months or so it must have been so hard for park vloggers who do this for a living. Let’s face it, home vlogs don’t get many viewers. And then there was a long period where I sensed that if the Trackers weren’t doing this for a living, they would just have avoided the parks completely, but felt they needed to go there in order to get more views. Which backfired a bit, because for a while it was all ‘can’t go indoors, can’t ride, can’t do this’ which got a bit depressing to watch.

I don’t want to be beholden to anyone for my holiday, it’s just for me! We do make videos for our tiny YouTube channel but not remotely bothered if anyone doesn’t like them!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I really don't understand the hate for them. There are many vloggers that I start to watch then think they are not for me but I just don't watch any more. I wonder consider putting a nasty comment on the vlog or doing anything else apart from not watch.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Hell to the nope. Not for me. No privacy, and always having to do what your viewers want in order to get your viewing figures up? People scrutinising everything you do and say, and even having a go at your child? No thanks.

Over the last 28 months or so it must have been so hard for park vloggers who do this for a living. Let’s face it, home vlogs don’t get many viewers. And then there was a long period where I sensed that if the Trackers weren’t doing this for a living, they would just have avoided the parks completely, but felt they needed to go there in order to get more views. Which backfired a bit, because for a while it was all ‘can’t go indoors, can’t ride, can’t do this’ which got a bit depressing to watch.

I don’t want to be beholden to anyone for my holiday, it’s just for me! We do make videos for our tiny YouTube channel but not remotely bothered if anyone doesn’t like them!

I agree completely. I imagine I would get bored quite quickly having to film having every meal etc all the time.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I agree completely. I imagine I would get bored quite quickly having to film having every meal etc all the time.
I think the same. Surely, it takes all the fun out of it?

I wonder if he ever goes to the parks just to enjoy them and doesn’t film? Or whether that would be like going into work on your day off?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List