Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Looks beautiful! Not jealous at all when I’m currently surrounded by packing cubes 🤣 the only small mercy is the washer and tumble drier in DVC villas - so at least most of it came back clean! 🤣

Hope you get the insurance sorted - would be really wonderful if you could stay a bit longer. Xx
Thanks Robyn. No luck so far with the insurance, there seems to be a $100,000 cap on medical with all the various companies because of our age, it can't be helped. We feel so blessed to finally be here, that's all that matters.

I see from your countdown that Elliott's taking his grandma and grandpa to Disney next year, how wonderful, that's going to be a really fun trip 😊
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopyloo View Post
Hi Robyn, Just a quick one did you use Chronomics tests to return?

Thanks
Hi lovely, no we used tests from a company called C19 testing for our return to the U.K. tests. Then for our Day 2 tests we did them at the airport with a company called Collinson that had a drive through PCR test centre at Heathrow 😀
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Thanks Robyn. No luck so far with the insurance, there seems to be a $100,000 cap on medical with all the various companies because of our age, it can't be helped. We feel so blessed to finally be here, that's all that matters.

I see from your countdown that Elliott's taking his grandma and grandpa to Disney next year, how wonderful, that's going to be a really fun trip 😊
Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that! But hopefully the next time you visit, you won’t have to do the workaround and you get to spend all of the precious days your policy covers you for with your family ❤️

Yes, we are indeed. They haven’t been in about 25 years so we’re really excited to take them back to the magic and have their first stay on Disney property. Also handy for the occasional bit of babysitting 😏🤣
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Thanks SB... OK, I'm showing off now 😁
Oh that sky is so beautiful , how lovely
We gave up on the workaround in the end , too much uncertainty and the costs were spiralling.

We applied for a voucher from BA for our booked US trip and hope they allow it, we have to wait 7 days and BA are overwhelmed at the moment .

We have booked Canada for a break, which is our second favourite country after the US we are prepped for the cold as we have been in October before not quite the heat of Florida but its a break, enjoy your time with your grandkids all your smiles in your posts have shown it was a million times worth it.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Oh that sky is so beautiful , how lovely
We gave up on the workaround in the end , too much uncertainty and the costs were spiralling.

We applied for a voucher from BA for our booked US trip and hope they allow it, we have to wait 7 days and BA are overwhelmed at the moment .

We have booked Canada for a break, which is our second favourite country after the US we are prepped for the cold as we have been in October before not quite the heat of Florida but its a break, enjoy your time with your grandkids all your smiles in your posts have shown it was a million times worth it.
Canada will be wonderful, I'm so glad you're sorted. Where are you going? We've only been to Vancouver , and we absolutely loved it.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Canada will be wonderful, I'm so glad you're sorted. Where are you going? We've only been to Vancouver , and we absolutely loved it.
Sue x
We are going back to Toronto, driving up to the outlying areas such as Niagara -on -the- lake ,Kitchener, St Jacobs , Vaughan Mills for the shopping fix then up to Niagara falls.
We have been before to Toronto and Niagara but needed a break and will be staying in a fallsview room at the Embassy suites.
I agree Vancouver and Vancouver island is beautiful as is the sea to sky highway which goes to Whistler.
You must go to Niagara if you get chance .
Clare x
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We are going back to Toronto, driving up to the outlying areas such as Niagara -on -the- lake ,Kitchener, St Jacobs , Vaughan Mills for the shopping fix then up to Niagara falls.
We have been before to Toronto and Niagara but needed a break and will be staying in a fallsview room at the Embassy suites.
I agree Vancouver and Vancouver island is beautiful as is the sea to sky highway which goes to Whistler.
You must go to Niagara if you get chance .
Clare x
That sounds amazing Clare, what a great trip. I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls, it's definitely on our bucket list.

We have flights booked to LA in December and April. If the borders are still not open, we'll cancel the December ones as we couldn't afford a Christmas *work around " but we would definitely look into Canada as a work around in April. Fingers crossed none of this will be necessary soon.
Sue x
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This thread has been so helpful and cheery - thanks everyone!
I'm just back and had the BEST time - so worth all the effort, testing, form filling and costs. Obviously, getting to see my son in NJ was the highlight but everything else was just fabulous.
The 50th castle is beautiful and I hope everyone gets to visit soon x

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
I'm just back and had the BEST time - so worth all the effort, testing, form filling and costs. Obviously, getting to see my son in NJ was the highlight but everything else was just fabulous.
So happy for you, finally getting to hug your son must have been wonderful. You're right about this thread, it's just the best 😊
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
I'm so happy for you. Having felt slightly emotional today talking to my eldest DS 28 who lives 30 minutes away but moved out last year and I don't see that often through his work, I cannot imagine how you and Sue have coped through all of this and how you felt getting to you children. It's just beautiful
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List