Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jan 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 20 - Perkins, Animal Kingdom, Outlets & Cheesecake Factory

Day 19 is here

Thursday 26th April

Today is an extremely photo heavy day!

Here we are at our 2nd last full day and I am like how on earth did that happen? We have had such a good trip and like all holidays the first wee while passed at a reasonable pace and now it's sped up like a bullet train!

We had our usual lazy start to the morning. Abi was playing in the living room with my magic band and was striking some poses!

We left about 09.45 and headed to Perkins for breakfast. You can sense a theme with our food choices! We do a big breakfast, snack during the day and then a big tea at night most days. This works for us as the big breakfast keeps us going and we avoid having to eat main meals in the parks. The food choices are great for us in the parks but not so much for Dad as the fussy eater so we are all happy with this approach.

Dad and Abigail settled down to some colouring in while we waited for our food.

So you will be astounded to hear Dad had his usual form of cooked breakfast!

Paul went rogue and ordered eggs benedict.

I had a cheese omelette with the pepper jack hollandaise and you guessed it, eggs for Abigail along with whatever else she could beg from us! I had a very healthy raspberry fanta to drink and the usual round of hot beverages and apple juice for the others. My breakfast came with a muffin – I chose blueberry today. Yummy.

All the food was really good again and it is quick to come out with efficient service so doesn’t take long before we are on the road to the AK.

We park and jump on the tram and do our usual dance with Abi and the pram and then Abi sits with Dad for half the journey then me. Paul has drawn the short straw and is on pram and big bag guarding duty.

We were in the park by 11.30ish. There is so much for Abigail to look at here we just take our time and wander around. Rides were not really on our radar today. We planned to see the gorillas, do the safari and see what else took our fancy. I think if Abi could have climbed in some of the enclosures she would have!

We finally saw the tree lady (Rach – have I taught you nothing? Her name is DiVine )! Paul and Dad didn’t spot her but I did! She was really cool. Abigail kept poking at her grape necklace! Think she was hoping to have one for herself.

Today’s toy of choice was arctic fox – Jake had given it to her before they left and it was a firm favourite. There was also a tiger as well.

It was on to Harambe for our safari FP. I was looking forward to doing this again but at a different time of day. It was full of life as we walked through with loads of people and music. It was very busy here today but we didn’t mind!

In the safari queue we took some pics and waited eagerly to get on our vehicle.

Dad was on the outside with Paul and Abi in the middle then me.

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

The safari was awesome. Saw so many animals again. As you can tell by the pictures we were all extremely happy with our safari. One day I will see a lion awake though! We did see the cheetah and the bridge did its shaky thing which was fun! I think its one of those attractions that you could never ever get sick of and each time you go on it it’s different. Abigail was just enthralled and loved every minute of the ride.

Once we located the pram in the chaos that was the pram park we headed to gorilla falls because it was closed the other day when we were in. It was a good slow walk around with lots to see. Abi loves fish so we spent a bit of time looking at them.

At the gorillas it was busy as usual. I am all for waiting my turn which I do patiently, but what really bugs me is when people hog the viewing area and don’t let small children through. I want to see the gorillas but once we have seen them and taken a few pics we move on. Not everyone does that which is a shame as there is always a huge queue. Play fair I say!

Anyhoo, the smaller gorillas were up close to the glass and when we were there in 2015 there were some really tiny babies and the cast member there for questions pointed out the ones that would have been babies in 2015 which was nice.

We saw the males as well and they are HUGE! Wouldn’t want to pick a fight with them!

When we came out it was very hot so we headed for some water from one of the market place bits. Dad queued for the water and ended up having words with an American lady who had been super rude, but we just walked away and Dad came as well. Turns out the CM had called Dad forward to be served and the lady had accused Dad of queue jumping and had been sarcastic and rude to Dad! When Dad had told her what had happened she was even more rude. I can’t remember exactly what was said but I expect the extreme heat had something to do with Dad’s over reaction to her as he normally would have shaken his head and ignored her or left it after his first retaliation! Anyway, water drunk and a slow walk to the Rafiki's Planet Watch was in order now!

It was now time for Abi’s first train ride! We were heading to Rafiki’s planet watch because I thought Abi would enjoy some hands on with the animals. The train ride is also good fun! There was a quick snack enjoyed on the train as well! Lol.

Arrived!

It wasn’t busy in the walk up to the animals so we let Abi and Grandad run free!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

We went in to see the goats and grabbed a brush and Dad showed Abi how it was done!

Abi LOVED this. We stayed for quite a while and she was off after the goats to brush them all. She was good and didn’t run at them or scare them.

She was taken by the giant pig and brushed him until he snuffled and shuffled around and then she went off him when he gave a huge pig snort!

Time for a quick photo pass while waiting for Dad to come back from the toilet.

It was time to head towards the exit we had done everything we wanted to and it was even hotter and busier now when we got back after our train ride. We headed towards the new UP! Theatre. I was hoping it was going to be open and there was a show soon! Yay! There was no FP available though and the CM said to queue 45mins before and we thought eh no chance! Time for a well-earned ice cream before continuing on. There was a duck beside us that Abi was talking to.

Abi “shared” mine which means she got more. Dad got one of those frozen banana things and wasn’t impressed! Lol.

The very last thing we did was go to the bit where the bats are. I can’t remember what it is called (Rach – Maharajah Jungle Trek!) . Looking through my pics it is clear we went to see the tigers and not just the bats! Ooops! It was good, but that was us deffo done for the day.

Quick photo pass for Paul and I before we left.

Now, Paul and I wanted to go to the malls again for the last time and we suggested going back to the villa for a while but I was surprised when Dad said let's all go to the mall now as if I go back to the villa I won't want to come out again! Fair enough! So, I then suggested tea at the cheesecake factory after! Plans all sorted we headed to premium outlet on IDrive once again.

Now, Dad isn’t a shopper at all so I knew we wouldn’t spend long there. I don’t like shopping either but in America it is so much better. I was looking for some clothes for Abi and Yankee candles and anything else that took my eye. Paul was looking for golf stuff and Dad a few presents for taking home to his sisters and brother. Dad looked at his watch and said….. meet back here in 45mins?! 45mins? ! Challenge accepted! Lol! I took Abi and marched off to Yankee Candle and Carters. I knew there was no way I would be on time but I pretended I would be!

I bought a few things for me and a gift for my cousin and then headed to Carters. There was soooo much choice. Rach had brought home heaps of nice stuff the year before. I chose some stuff and headed to the till but the family in front had bought the entire stock in 2 sizes so took a while to get served! I had about 15mins left and it took me about 5 to get to the meeting place. I had a quick look in Oshkosh and bought some cute shoes and then headed to meet the others. I was running out of my allotted shopping time when I spotted Dad! Turned out he was lost! Lol! So we walked back together to meet Paul. Paul was just coming as well. Nothing caught Paul’s eye and I can’t remember if Dad bought anything! Ooops! I had asked at Yankee candle how to get to Mall at Millennia from here. I was hoping my memory would work as sometimes I tend to agree with verbal directions when I get too many instructions but there was only a few turns and I think I had it sussed. We had paid for the parking again to save hassle so headed out the mall and took a left at the lights as instructed. I told the guys the streets to look out for and after 10mins we were at Mall at Millennia! Fab, I paid proper attention! Go me!

We parked as close as we could to the Cheesecake Factory and hoped we wouldn’t have a long wait as I know it gets very busy here! It was only 17.30 but proper food was a LONG time ago and we were all hungry!

Pepe was our server and he was just fab. He handed us the novel that is the menu and we had to decide what to eat! It is a hard job here as there is so much to choose from.

First off I ordered an Oreo milkshake. It was just ok if I am honest but still drinkable.

Dad ordered plain panko shrimp to start and Paul and I shared some crab bites. All delicious. Pepe had done something with the charging of the shrimp – can’t remember what it was now but it worked in our favour so we were happy!

Dad had pork chops for main, Paul had spaghetti and meatballs , Abi had salmon and I had shrimp scampi pasta dish. Again all very good. The portions are HUGE and was glad we just had a small starter as I couldn’t finish mine.

I wanted some cheesecake to take home so went to have a look. Dad was trying to tell us he didn’t like cheesecake. He does this sometimes and then tries it and decides actually he does like it! So, we persuaded him to pick one so he chose a white chocolate and raspberry. I picked my usual of Adam’s peanut butter and fudge and Paul had some sort of chocolate one. It says Chris cheesecake on the receipt but no idea what that actually is!

Back to the villa for about 19.45 and Abi was running about naked ready to get into the bath. Dad decided he was ready for his cheesecake and Abi had some while in the buff! Lol!

Off to bed for Abi! Paul and I decided we were going to have a Jacuzzi. I went in first and continued reading my kindle. It is so peaceful in Legacy Park. No noise at all.

Dad headed to bed and Paul came out to join me for a while. It was so nice just chilling out at the end of a very busy day.

I couldn’t believe tomorrow was our last day. We had never been away for 16nights before and it was great having that extra time but just makes you want to stay even more! When I got out about 21.15 I decided it was time for my cheesecake. So I sat in the living room eating it. This is the life. Was totally yummy!

We read for a while in bed and then went to sleep relatively early. Even though it was our last day we had no intention of getting up earlier than we had been! Another fabulous day was had by all!

Join us tomorrow for Celebration, Epcot and Longhorn! It's here

Edited at 08:34 AM.
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

Another great day. Your dinner at the Cheesecake Factory looked amazing. Did your dad like his cheesecake? 😂 thanks for sharing
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU, View Post
Another great day. Your dinner at the Cheesecake Factory looked amazing. Did your dad like his cheesecake? 😂 thanks for sharing
Thank you! It was soooo tasty! Would be so handy if there was one on the 192! Lol,yes he did! He hoovered it up! ;o)

Thanks for reading!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What fab, jam-packed day! Animal Kingdom has always been my least favourite park but this has made me excited to return there as I think this will be a firm favourite for Charlie… he loves fish too! Adorable how gentle Abi was with the goats!

That food at Cheesecake Factory has got me drooling! I don’t like cheesecake (really don’t like it, not just pretend don’t like it like your Dad!) but I love a meal here, the portion sizes are epic!

I love Carters too, I always got such lovely bits for my niece and nephew in there… I will have a field day getting bits for Charlie!

So sad its so close to the end of the holiday now but I’m excited to read about your last full day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Fantastic day
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant day
Old 5 Feb 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

What a fantastic day and all your food looked lovely. Jacuzzi to end the day looks fantastic. Abi looks like she had a fantastic time at AK.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List