Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Aug 19, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

My new annoyance at the end of the theme park nights...

My new annoyance at the end of the theme park nights...

People setting off their car alarms off in an empty mk parking lot at 11:15pm when it's perfectly clear where your car is parked but you contine to let your alarm sound, and then other mupets do the same...

I'm all for a quick double lock press to chirp to alarm so you can find it in a maxed out parking lot, but when it's clear where your car is just turn it off 😕😕

Daughter had just fallen asleep and then arrived back to our car which the owner had set the alarm off (we passed them walking to the car as they were "slow walkers") and they just left it until they got within an inch of their car.. There's just no need..

Rant over..

Edited at 05:23 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I feel your frustration. When theres like 20 different alarms going off at once its painful. Its not hard to remember where you parked

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

That is weird! Surely if everyone were to set off their car alarms they still wouldn't be able to find their car?! If only Disney invented a means of finding your car... they could name the car parks and perhaps give the spaces numbers so you could put it on your phone for later on... 🤔😁
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I forgot to write mine down once. Was in animal kingdom I think. Was daytime. Anyway I pressed the button and couldn’t get it to stop. I did press it to stop but technology is out to get me and often doesn’t work for me but it stopped when my husband pressed it. Maybe one of those muppets is like me. I didn’t even know you could find your car like this till husband said.
Then I found I had written it in my messages instead of notes
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I forgot to write mine down once. Was in animal kingdom I think. Was daytime. Anyway I pressed the button and couldn’t get it to stop. I did press it to stop but technology is out to get me and often doesn’t work for me but it stopped when my husband pressed it. Maybe one of those muppets is like me. I didn’t even know you could find your car like this till husband said.
Then I found I had written it in my messages instead of notes
I always take a picture on my phone before we get on the tram or walk to the park

But i get what you mean by not being able to turn it off.
My niece had the keys lastyear and pressed it, and i couldnt work it out either

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I wondered what was going on last week - I didn’t realise people would do this to try and find their car. We usually take a picture, or make a rhyme up with the kids.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

set your alarm off to find your car ?

take a picture or god forbid remember what row ! and make it beep a couple of times or pop the boot open

whats wrong with some people
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I always take a picture of the row marking either on the ground at Disney or at Universal on the wall/columns:

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

To be fair we were leaving fairly late once and somebody had lost their car and called for assistance... The guy who came to help actually told them to put their alarm on, then drove them to the car in his golf cart!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I usually take a pic of the row end - though it helps that we're normally in the disabled parking, which narrows the options!

I've also discovered an app called what 3 words that I plan to use next year to pin point it - quietly!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List