Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Hope you have a lovely time, I think the forecast is good so fingers crossed for some sun for you.

I’ve had a few days off this week, met up with a very good friend yesterday who I haven’t seen for ages - it was so lovely to catch up. Going to head to the beach later with the dog so he can have a cool off in the sea.

Having a patio laid next week, we’ve bought some furniture ready for it so hopefully in a week or two I’ll be relaxing after work on my new patio! We still need to returf the rest of the lawned area but we’re slowly getting there.
I do hope you enjoy your days off. It’s lovely to be able to meet up with friends and family again 💞

Can’t wait to see photos of the patio when it’s finished, perfect time to get it done now the sunshine has appeared here 😄
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
That sounds lovely DD - where in Ceredigion? I have family in Aberaeron and New Quay

I'm very jealous that you live by the sea MM!

We have just been having some work done too - our upstairs bathroom was refitted in March and the same plumber has just spent the last week and a half refitting a new shower room downstairs ("Col's bathroom").

Sometimes I wonder where all my money has gone, seeing as we haven't had a holiday since March 20, and then I remember all the DIY!

Ryan is 21 today and his graduation ceremony is on Monday so it's all about Ry the next few days! At least it has given me an excuse to get my nails done on Saturday
Happy birthday to Ryan and I’m so pleased his graduation is going ahead. Make sure you take tissues, I was very emotional at our son’s 😢 and I’m sure I will be even worse at Georgia’s next year (as they’ve had such a rollercoaster experience at uni)

The diy will be worth it and it’s a good use of the holiday savings, although I’d always prefer to be using the cash for holidays 😂

We are staying in a small town called Tregaron which is, so the listing says, 20-30 minutes to the coast of New Quay and Aberaeron. As you know, we usually go to Pembrokeshire so we felt this would be a slight change but still a chance to see the beautiful coastline in the area.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Wow, graduation and 21st birthday - hope he enjoys the celebrations and you too, so exciting.

Can’t believe this time next year DD will be graduating. Where do the years go?

We are very lucky to be near the coast - I think it’s kept me sane over recent times!
I can’t believe they are graduating next year either, it’s flown by so fast.

Georgia is considering a masters degree, so may be staying an extra year but nothing definite yet. She’s got a few work experiences over the summer which may help her make up her mind career wise as she’s not at all sure what she’s going to end up doing 🤷 😄
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I can’t believe they are graduating next year either, it’s flown by so fast.

Georgia is considering a masters degree, so may be staying an extra year but nothing definite yet. She’s got a few work experiences over the summer which may help her make up her mind career wise as she’s not at all sure what she’s going to end up doing 🤷 😄
It’s incredible that they’ve done two years already. Not the uni experience they were expecting but I think they’ve handled things extremely well.

DD has been doing paid LSA supply work for the last few weeks which has been great experience for her and cash in her pocket.

Her next placement starts in October and will run until Christmas so she’s not likely to set foot in the uni until at least January. She said she feels like she’s doing an open university course!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Anyone else got any holiday plans in the next few weeks?
Also had a few good vegetables from our pots this summer including bok choi, kale, carrots and broad beans and lots of lovely strawberries
Sounds a lovely relaxing week We're off to London next Thursday for a few days, we're going to the opening night of Anything Goes, to a Noel Coward exhibition and for a look at the much discussed Diana statue, then just wandering and eating etc.
We're also holding our breath for a miraculous opening of the US border before we need to start cancelling our mid September trip (9 weeks away). Who even thought that when last years was cancelled, we'd be in the same boat a year later?!?!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Sounds a lovely relaxing week We're off to London next Thursday for a few days, we're going to the opening night of Anything Goes, to a Noel Coward exhibition and for a look at the much discussed Diana statue, then just wandering and eating etc.
We're also holding our breath for a miraculous opening of the US border before we need to start cancelling our mid September trip (9 weeks away). Who even thought that when last years was cancelled, we'd be in the same boat a year later?!?!
Your London trip sounds exciting, it’s been years since I’ve been to London (other than an airport hotel and it’s been a while since I’ve been there 😂 ) It will be wonderful to go to the theatre again too

I will keep my fingers crossed for your September trip 💞 . I can’t believe it’s now 2 years since we’ve been in an aeroplane to travel 😢
Old 15 Jul 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Agree, its crazy how much this has disrupted all of our lives, and continues to do so. I don’t even have faith we will make it to USA next April.

Great to hear everyone is getting out and about a bit more here though, I am currently self isolating, ugh, its awful, so bored already and just cleaning cupboards out etc! Have fun for me ladies x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Agree, its crazy how much this has disrupted all of our lives, and continues to do so. I don’t even have faith we will make it to USA next April.

Great to hear everyone is getting out and about a bit more here though, I am currently self isolating, ugh, its awful, so bored already and just cleaning cupboards out etc! Have fun for me ladies x
I hope you won’t be isolating for much longer, the weather is far too nice for cleaning cupboards 😢

I know what you mean about trips for next year, I’ve booked a 5 night Disney stay to secure a booking for next July but I’ve not dared look at flights or other plans for the trip yet as I’m so unsure whether it will go ahead or not. 🤞 for all of us
Old 16 Jul 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Your London trip sounds exciting, it’s been years since I’ve been to London (other than an airport hotel and it’s been a while since I’ve been there 😂 ) It will be wonderful to go to the theatre again too

I will keep my fingers crossed for your September trip 💞 . I can’t believe it’s now 2 years since we’ve been in an aeroplane to travel 😢
We go to London every year for a couple of nights - it's a direct 3 hour train from here to Kings Cross, and we stay at Kings Cross Premier Inn which is well priced, really nice and a great base for exploring as you're so near the tube.
Yes, it's 2 years on the 1st Sept since our last flight started! Can't believe there's still no end in sight .
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Just back from visiting close friends in the New Forest. So lovely to see them after 18 long months
Lots of walking in the Forest and on the coast then took the car ferry from Lymington over to Isle of White our first visit there
Such a relaxing time lots of laughs al fresco dining and a few tipples
My youngest DD was 21 yesterday so lovely family time celebrating
The wild flowers are apparently rare so think we may have been lucky to see them
So nice reading all your updates and seeing people getting out and about again
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List