Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We usually get the 9am train from Sand lake road, never come across noisy "snowbirds" perhaps it is too early for them! we then catch the 2pm train back., It gives us about 4hrs to wander round.
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have kept them covered at night mainly to protect them from early morning bird visitors stealing the seeds 😂

I hadn’t considered that it could turn colder again, which is very silly of me living here in Wales. I think I will see how it goes on a day to day basis and lift the covers on the warmer part of day
When my old neighbour was still alive he never did hanging baskets or put summer bedding out until May, he used to do everything from seed in his greenhouse. The first year I moved in and put hanging baskets up in April he told me to put them in the lean too everynight or I would lose them to frost. I forgot one night and we had frost 🙁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have no plants although I can grow weeds fairly well. Actually I always think it's funny how weeds will grow when everything else is dying off.

I don't go caravanning or camping in a tent - we do like our cottage holidays in the UK though.

However, I do have a robins nest in my garden waste bin! DH found it when he opened the lid to see if he could squish the contents to make space for the latest lot of grass cuttings. Not sure who was more startled, him or the robin!

Hubby has now become very protective and has gone into full on baby daddy mode!

Old 27 Apr 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
When my old neighbour was still alive he never did hanging baskets or put summer bedding out until May, he used to do everything from seed in his greenhouse. The first year I moved in and put hanging baskets up in April he told me to put them in the lean too everynight or I would lose them to frost. I forgot one night and we had frost 🙁
I’m definitely going to have be careful and keep my fingers crossed that the frost stays away

My patio is south facing and very sheltered so hopefully they will survive
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by loobz View Post
I have no plants although I can grow weeds fairly well. Actually I always think it's funny how weeds will grow when everything else is dying off.

I don't go caravanning or camping in a tent - we do like our cottage holidays in the UK though.

However, I do have a robins nest in my garden waste bin! DH found it when he opened the lid to see if he could squish the contents to make space for the latest lot of grass cuttings. Not sure who was more startled, him or the robin!

That is adorable, we have a couple of robins keep sitting on our fence so must have a nest in one of the neighbours gardens
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loobz View Post

Oh these are so sweet, I do hope you manage to see them hatch and fledge. We get lots of baby birds on our feeders in the summer and saw blackbirds fledge from our shed one year, it was lovely

I completely agree about weeds. We grow them very successfully, if my seeds don’t grow I will post photos of my weeds here instead 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have kept them covered at night mainly to protect them from early morning bird visitors stealing the seeds 😂

I hadn’t considered that it could turn colder again, which is very silly of me living here in Wales. I think I will see how it goes on a day to day basis and lift the covers on the warmer part of day
I have planted some seeds yesterday but not into pots, straight into the flower beds. I don’t know much about gardening but I’m giving it a go. I’m hoping we don’t get any frost and I will need to give them a water as we haven’t had any rain yet. Fingers crossed I get some little plants coming through.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KC2014 View Post
I have planted some seeds yesterday but not into pots, straight into the flower beds. I don’t know much about gardening but I’m giving it a go. I’m hoping we don’t get any frost and I will need to give them a water as we haven’t had any rain yet. Fingers crossed I get some little plants coming through.
We can have a friendly race to see whose seeds come up first (if mine appear at all 😂 ) it’s supposed to rain here all week after today so I’ve not watered today as they will probably get plenty in the next few days. Once it starts here, it never stops 😂
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

How lovely to see the eggs. They look very cosy in there.

We’d have had some different birds in the garden this week. We often have magpies and pigeons but these looked like a larger version of a - zut what are they called! The birds that eat the sugar liquid from a container! Humming bird ! No real idea what they are but they look lovely.

We have also had quite a few smaller birds of prey circling over the fields opposite! Make a change from the very big birds (aka as planes) in the sky!

Has anyone else seen any new wildlife in their gardens?

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

For anybody planting their seeds straight into the ground, try covering them with a plastic pop bottle, cut the bottom off, throw the lid away.
Your plants have their own little greenhouse 👍🏻
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List