Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Jun 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
My friends family also own a bakery that makes Battenberg and she said the recipe for M&S is different from all the others (and she only buys food from thier food halls)
Oh goodness I've been having a craving for Battenberg cake for the longest time but I can't find it anywhere where I am and I don't recall seeing it in the M&S here

I also had a craving for bakewell tarts for ages and thankfully M&S here has mini bakewell cakes that helped to satisfy this craving! (Just bought some recently and still have some in the house right now!)
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Last few weeks we've had some nice freebies from our Sparks card😋
We’ve had nothing! Well apart from a spend £90 get £9 off voucher every darn week.

However I have a cunning plan! Send my son to get £5 worth of grub, pay cash and he gets a £5 voucher he gives to me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We shop there a lot. The new salad range they do is delicious. We just added a salmon fillet to it and it was a lovely quick dinner. They have been fantastic throughout Covid too as the staff would alway sanitise a trolley ready to use and were so helpful and friendly. They were far better than all the other supermarkets.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We hammer the 3 fish for £10 deal. That can save us nearly £4. Not to be sneezed at.

Cod fish cake topped with pea crush. Just had one for dinner with Marksys broccoli bake.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I will shop anywhere that suits me BUT I had corned beef from M+S the other day (a rare treat as I try not to eat processed food) and there was not a speck of fat in it. I absolutely love their All butter Ginger cookies and their own brand butter which tastes like Clotted cream with a little salt added.

Next week's quest is no alcohol wine and gin, I have heard a rumour they do their own version of Seedlip which HAS to be cheaper surely?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Have your tried the Thai fishcakes Mr T? They are a favourite here. Quite often have them with a salad.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have an M&S right next door to my apartment building. Its too temping but too good - I had some tongue the other day and it was Devine. I nipped in this evening for stuff for my BBQ and the assistant recognised me/my Marilyn mask and gave me a packet of Percy pigs (I accepted but hate them lol)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We’ve had nothing! Well apart from a spend £90 get £9 off voucher every darn week.

However I have a cunning plan! Send my son to get £5 worth of grub, pay cash and he gets a £5 voucher he gives to me.

Lol we must be special,nobody I know got these freebies either.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I will shop anywhere that suits me BUT I had corned beef from M+S the other day (a rare treat as I try not to eat processed food) and there was not a speck of fat in it. I absolutely love their All butter Ginger cookies and their own brand butter which tastes like Clotted cream with a little salt added.

Next week's quest is no alcohol wine and gin, I have heard a rumour they do their own version of Seedlip which HAS to be cheaper surely?
They do - I haven’t tried it but it is always on their shelves where as “proper” gin is oft sold out in my store lol

They are doing a wonderful Sancerre Rose for £10 a bottle (I have seen it £30 in restaurants ie Cote - exact same wine/region/vintage) - I got 10 bottles today as I am having my sister stay
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Have your tried the Thai fishcakes Mr T? They are a favourite here. Quite often have them with a salad.
I love their salmon fishcakes,will need to try the Thai ones.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List