Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I heard it was due to moniess owed as part of the contractual agreement with RMC.

The next payment is due to be made once the ride is officially opened. It's the same with all the rides within the Seaworld Chain.

Iron Gwazi - BGT
Pantheon - BGW
Emperor - SWSD
Ice Breaker - SWO
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I heard that a while back as well, but as the parks have been doing well you would have thought financially they are doing OK as well.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I believe the money issue was sorted late last year. From what I understand is they are holding back the opening of the rides across the group. At the moment the parks are doing well attendance wise due to all the pent up demand after lockdowns etc. They want to open the rides when attendance starts to slow to give them a boost. When you have spent millions on a new ride you want to it to have the best impact it can have. That’s why they invest in new rides to grow attendance, so want to hold these new rides to get guests back again, rather than open now when guests are visiting the parks anyway.

I have heard rumours that they could possibly open this winter. I am thinking though it will likely be spring time 2022 they now open.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Agreed winter seems an odd time to open, I'd also imagine it will be 2022 now. Though apparently some news is expected soon.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
I believe the money issue was sorted late last year. From what I understand is they are holding back the opening of the rides across the group. At the moment the parks are doing well attendance wise due to all the pent up demand after lockdowns etc. They want to open the rides when attendance starts to slow to give them a boost. When you have spent millions on a new ride you want to it to have the best impact it can have. That’s why they invest in new rides to grow attendance, so want to hold these new rides to get guests back again, rather than open now when guests are visiting the parks anyway.

I have heard rumours that they could possibly open this winter. I am thinking though it will likely be spring time 2022 they now open.
But, as dan223 said, peak period is now coming to an end as the schools start going back in Florida. So now is the time when attendance will be starting to drop. If they want to attract more people to grow attendance, opening in the next couple of weeks would make sense.

If they wait until, say, March next year then attendance will have increased again due to Spring Break / Easter.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It's an interesting one, if they do it now are they really going to attract that many people, I'd imagine maybe only locals? I know Disney are opening Ratatouille in October but that seems more likely to be for the 50th anniversary. Then again Halloween starts soon so maybe if they open it they hope to get more people taking part in that, or to drag some people away from the 50th anniversary celebrations.

It sounds like there will be some announcement regarding it soon, whether that's to say it will be a 2022 opening now or to give an opening date this year, who knows.
Old 18 Aug 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I'm in agreement with you guys I think opening them up in the winter months doesn't make any sense.

From a UK point of view if you can't wait, you can always nip across to Energylandia for a dirt cheap trip and ride Zadra which is pretty much the same ride.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
you can always nip across to Energylandia for a dirt cheap trip and ride Zadra which is pretty much the same ride.
I've wanted to do this for a while now, looks a decent park!
Never pulled the trigger though.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kaiser7
Excited about Disney

We went to BG last week, and it was pretty awful to be honest. The park was filthy, most rides didn’t open until 2/3 hours after park opening, they clearly don’t have enough staff, just really poor.

Shame as it was always one of our favourite parks.
kaiser7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

BG has announced Iron Gwazi is opening March 22, Ice Breaker Feb 22