Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Jun 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Risking points going into holding

I've been thinking about this on a daily basis, and I think if we haven't heard anything by 20th July, i'll have to keep my booking and risk the points going into holding.

It seems there is virtually nothing available for cash or points if I was to cancel and have to rebook should August suddenly go ahead. Also I would have banked the points anyway and hopefully unborrowed some in that scenario.

If they do go into holding, I'll need to rent those points out before Dec.

Not willing to stay off-site next time we go, so I feel there isn't much choice.

Has anyone else been agonising over these decisions?

Edited at 10:01 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We have a similar timeline.

Have to bank by July 31st so will end up cancelling most of the Aug/Sep dates we have booked. Have 231 points tied up, of which we would be able to bank 200.

Along with some other placeholders we've got reserved for Sept it would leave us with about 100 points to sell before December unless I can plead a case with DVC.

We are OK with staying offsite.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Would you consider renting out your existing reservation?
Old 30 Jun 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I'd consider renting out the reservations we have above the 200 banking points.

They would be
1 Bed
Old Key West 10th to 12th Sept (OKW does have decent avail at the moment for 1 beds)
Studios
Copper Creek 12th to 14th Sept
Kidani 14th to 15th Sept
Boulder Ridge 15th to 17th Sept
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I haven’t risked it, rented out with a few days to go, booked Swan as a backup (and good price, the suite there was about $800 less than the rental, so some spending money as well) although I was gutted as I wanted to stay at Copper Creek. In reality I don’t think it’s going to open up now until late August/ early September if the reports and Schapps’ statement were correct, but I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, scrambling around for flights. We are maintaining our other bookings until at least the 15 July announcement but they are all cancellable although the Vero may have to go unfortunately. They are this years points so no more rentals for me and I will bank, and then look forward to December. On the face of it December should come off, but then we are in winter pressure on NHS time, more variants and maybe US having a surge, so goodness knows but I’ll be 🙏
At the moment I’d be more confident about mid September to late October coming off than December, but hopefully by then further lockdowns will be politically unacceptable.
All I know is when we finally get to go we will savour every moment and I’ll maybe a bit looser with the wallet having a good time than the working class Yorkshire upbringing usually allows

Edited at 04:02 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
My worry is that availability is so scarce this year it might be a challenge to rent them out by December.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I haven’t risked it, rented out with a few days to go, booked Swan as a backup (and good price, the suite there was about $800 less than the rental, so some spending money as well) although I was gutted as I wanted to stay at Copper Creek. In reality I don’t think it’s going to open up now until late August/ early September if the reports and Schapps’ statement were correct, but I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, scrambling around for flights. We are maintaining our other bookings until at least the 15 July announcement but they are all cancellable although the Vero may have to go unfortunately. They are this years points so no more rentals for me and I will bank, and then look forward to December. On the face of it December should come off, but then we are in winter pressure on NHS time, more variants and maybe US having a surge, so goodness knows but I’ll be 🙏
At the moment I’d be more confident about mid September to late October coming off than December, but hopefully by then further lockdowns will be politically unacceptable.
All I know is when we finally get to go we will savour every moment and I’ll maybe a bit looser with the wallet having a good time than the working class Yorkshire upbringing usually allows
I have mentally abandoned August now I think. Just counting down the days until we get a refund. But my sensible head is saying don't cancel the DVC reservation just in case.

If it magically went ahead, we'd end up stepping off the Disney Magic and straight to Heathrow for our Orlando flights! In a parallel universe, that would have been one incredible holiday.
Old 30 Jun 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Member services will extend them until end of May for you if that helps.

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are booked for Sept close to the 50th anniversary so will hang on and try to rent our reservation if we can’t go.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Treacle44 View Post
Member services will extend them until end of May for you if that helps.
Extend the banking deadline until May 22?