Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

west coast help

hi all

looking for some help from some newbies to the west coast

we are hoping to do

disneyland
universal
six flags
knotts berry farm
san diego
beach

we are looking to move as less as possible and open to all suggestions

anyhelp?

thank you

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi how long is your trip. West coast so much to see and are you going to limit yourself to the above list. Disney , universal are small in comparison to Orlando, 2 days d 1 day u as an example.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

thanks for the reply

the trip will be 3 weeks, we have a 4 night cruise booked at the end of the trip

i am open to other things but with 6 kids would like to keep the moving to a minimum

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,
As WDW has gone insane with their pricing for next year.
We are planning a trip to the West coast. A theme park/water park trip.

I have planned 5 days Disney/ 1 or 2 Universal/ Knotts Berry/ Knotts Soak City.
Seaworld/ Legoland/ tour of LA/ Warner Bros studios/ Medieval Dinner show/ Pirates Dinner show/ Paramount Studio tour/ Sony Studio tour.

Other possible places we are considering the Great Wolf indoor water park/ Six Flags/ Harbor Water park/Aquatica.

I am not driving and I don't want to change hotel either. It is lot of effort to get to San Diego for 4/5 nights with kids/4 suitcases.

So I am considering doing 14+ nights at Anaheim the best(cheapest) hotel possible and just take tour buses to Seaworld/Legoland etc.

anaheimtourcompany/
viator.com
starlinetours/en
Disneyland.com used to have tours also

I have used Viator/Starline etc in the past and they were very good. They pick you up at the hotel and leave you back. Very easy.

The problem is a lot of the tours are on hold at the moment. I am not sure if/when they will return.

Edited at 08:15 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
thanks for the reply

the trip will be 3 weeks, we have a 4 night cruise booked at the end of the trip

i am open to other things but with 6 kids would like to keep the moving to a minimum
Ah 6 kids makes it a whole different ball game. What age range are the kids , might help for those giving advice. Totally understand with a large party not to have to much moving. San Diego zoo and wildlife park are very good
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

You can get the train from LA to San Diego - its a beautiful albeit slowish scenic journey and worth doing (stops right into the centre of SD)

amtrak/pacific-surfliner-train

Edited at 10:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Hi,
As WDW has gone insane with their pricing for next year.
We are planning a trip to the West coast. A theme park/water park trip.

I have planned 5 days Disney/ 1 or 2 Universal/ Knotts Berry/ Knotts Soak City.
Seaworld/ Legoland/ tour of LA/ Warner Bros studios/ Medieval Dinner show/ Pirates Dinner show/ Paramount Studio tour/ Sony Studio tour.

Other possible places we are considering the Great Wolf indoor water park/ Six Flags/ Harbor Water park/Aquatica.

I am not driving and I don't want to change hotel either. It is lot of effort to get to San Diego for 4/5 nights with kids/4 suitcases.

So I am considering doing 14+ nights at Anaheim the best(cheapest) hotel possible and just take tour buses to Seaworld/Legoland etc.

anaheimtourcompany/
viator.com
starlinetours/en
Disneyland.com used to have tours also

I have used Viator/Starline etc in the past and they were very good. They pick you up at the hotel and leave you back. Very easy.

The problem is a lot of the tours are on hold at the moment. I am not sure if/when they will return.
I’m someone who has tentatively thought about a west coast trip for awhile. We have Florida booked for 2022. I’m thinking 2024 but like the sound of your plan I’ve highlighted in bold. I’d drive however and over 3 weeks so would add in maybe San Francisco or San Diego. Are you doing a trip report as would love to follow along
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List