Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Jul 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Proud to wear my Ears

All this so my partner can have a couple of drinks on a evening when we go out haha.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Apprentice Imagineer

It can be daunting if its your first time but you quickly get accustomed to driving on the opp side , automatics are very easy to drive and everything is well signposted
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

I was going for year before I took the plunge and got a car. The most daunting part for me was getting out of the airport. After that it was easy as Id been so many times and I knew my way around. Read the rules of the road before you go as others have said. The only thing that flummoxed me was a flashing red light at a junction somewhere on disney property I think and I didnt know if I could go or I had to stop 😳
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mrsjacksparrow View Post
I was going for year before I took the plunge and got a car. The most daunting part for me was getting out of the airport. After that it was easy as Id been so many times and I knew my way around. Read the rules of the road before you go as others have said. The only thing that flummoxed me was a flashing red light at a junction somewhere on disney property I think and I didnt know if I could go or I had to stop 😳
Ha ha and which was it. Go or stop? 😁
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Haha I know I looked it up when I got back to the villa but for the life of me I cant remember now! Ill have to revise before I go back! 😂
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Ha ha and which was it. Go or stop? 😁
Flashing red is the same as a stop sign.

I no longer drive but I find driving here MUCH worse than there, due to how narrow our roads are.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

🤦 Omg I must have waited there at the intersection for about 10 mins before I plucked up the courage to move. Good job it was an exceptionally quiet bit of road! 😂
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Quite honestly its a little bit Mario kart at times 😂

My 15 year old is learning right now and best comment was shall we go driving, Ive been playing GT on the PS so Ive some moves I want to try 🙈
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Flashing red is the same as a stop sign.

I no longer drive but I find driving here MUCH worse than there, due to how narrow our roads are.
I wouldnt even class our roads as narrow, just normal 😂 Iv only ever driven on our roads though and I drive down a lot of country roads.
I wont know what to do with so much space 😂
Old 7 Aug 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Probably driven 50k miles plus in US across 40 states plus. Rather that than one of my regular trips on the M6 between Birmingham and the North West.

Driving in the US is much less frantic than in the UK assuming you do not drive in the big cities during the rush hour. Even then its better than London in the rich hour.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List