Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 2 Aug 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Trains to London

I have a train booked Liv to London for later this month. At the time of booking they had the restrictions in place so I couldn't book seats together for myself and 3 of my children.

Originally I was told to just ask the one other person booked at our table to swap to the other table one of us was booked at.

I thought this would be simple but now 2 other people will be sat at the table so expecting 3 to move is going to be unrealistic.

I contacted the train line today about it and got the seats moved so we are together but three times in the chat I was told to keep an eye on the weekly updates as the train could be cancelled.

Maybe I am naive but I wouldn't have checked prior to going but also it does have me worried about how we will get seats on another train which will potentially be rammed. Are they cancelling trains to London from Liverpool at the moment as she seemed very insistent that although she got us seats together the train may not be running.
Old 2 Aug 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Simple answer no they are not cancel trains and you should get a table together.
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

We looked to book a train from Carlisle to London a couple of weeks ago for 20/8, there was a warning about possible timetable changes. Went back on today & no trains running until after 11pm on the day we would have been travelling back home.
Absolutely dreadful.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
We looked to book a train from Carlisle to London a couple of weeks ago for 20/8, there was a warning about possible timetable changes. Went back on today & no trains running until after 11pm on the day we would have been travelling back home.
Absolutely dreadful.
My trains are 19th/20th too.
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Travelling back on the 22/8 is the problem. Hope yours works out ok
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

What can you do about your return is it likely to change?
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Natalie - this may help for the future, I book tickets/seats via the train company direct, in our instance Transpennine Express vs The Trainline who used to/may still charge a booking fee. If there's an issue with seats TPE will always resolve over the phone. Last year TPE refunded our May train tickets within a day or so of request.

You can also book, fee free, via Virgin Red and receive VS miles to boot. Fingers crossed your journey goes to plan
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
What can you do about your return is it likely to change?
We won’t be travelling by train now. Don’t know if we will have to cancel our plans.
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

DH and I have a one night London trip booked later this month , on the same line but picking it up from Runcorn .
Our seats are apart even though we have a two together rail card! In fact on the return journey we are in separate carriages. This has reminded me to call at the station and ask if they can sort it.
I hope it doesn't get cancelled as I've booked the Hard Rock Hotel deal for one night.
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 10:32 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I called in at the train station today and explained I'd rang the Trainline call centre about the seats being so far apart and that I hadn't got much sense out of the overseas call centre.
I'd booked the tickets just after the 19th July but because I'd selected a preference for a window seat that had been prioritised over us sitting together.
The guy at the station agreed it was silly it didn't warn that we'd be seated apart. He very kindly booked us two seats together outbound and return. Our original tickets are still valid but we have two seats each both ways now, the original ones will just stay vacant. He said it's not a busy train either way so not a problem.
It was very good of him to sort it out.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List