Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Aug 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Anyone done a Sandals holiday?

We are booked to go to Florida in mid Sept and are starting to look at back up options.

Both Jamaica and Barbados are possible options and we were looking at the Sandals resorts.

Has anyone been and if so would you recommend?

I can’t find much info about pricing for things like spa treatments or whether we should tip etc.

Any info would be appreciated 😁
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been to Sandals St Lucia.

It was nice enough but I prefer the Excellence resorts. Not sure if they have them in Jamaica and Barbados though.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to one in Montego Bay many years ago and we loved it so much we went back again 6 months later. We have lots of happy memories of going there and everything about it was excellent but now we have more holiday experience I think a lot of what you pay the premium for is just the name, not anything on top of what you can get from another 5 star resort for less money so it will pay to shop around.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We did Sandals Royal Barbados in November last year and July this year so we liked it enough to go back. Both trips were to enable us to go on to Florida after 15 nights.

All inclusive with no tips payable at all unless you have a butler which we didn't and wouldn't. No idea about spa treatments as not our thing.

Sandals and Royal Sandals are on the same property with no dividing line between them and half the restaurants are on one side and half on the other. You get no sense at all that they are marketed as different hotels as you naturally walk amongst them as if they are one.

The staff, food and facilities were great and I would recommend the place and we will go back again sometime.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for the comments so far. To be fair it doesn’t have to be Sandals but we liked the idea of adult only. Open to other suggestions with sea views and all inclusive 😁
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes as it was a very specific bucket list item of mine from back in the 90s when I first heard about them. So finally took the plunge for a big anniversary. It was a nice resort, can't fault most of the staff (had a couple of issues, fairly minor) and being adults only was lovely, but definitely a one and done for me.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

My sister stayed at the Tui Sensatori in the Dominican Republic a couple of years back and it was amazing. They had an adults only area, swim up room, more places to eat than they could manage and amazing staff and it was cheaper than any Sandals resort. Might be worth a look
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

We did Sandals at Whitehouse (Runaway Bay) Jamaica about 12 years ago. Loved it , plenty to do , but preferred the Riu Palace hotel Jamaica as much more fun ( and a lot cheaper )
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

couples negril in Jamaica was a great experience for us. Smaller than the larger hotels and adults only.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I did a flip flops holiday once 😂

Disney332