Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
DAS should remain unchanged. Although they might tighten up the requirements (within what they're legally allowed to ask, that is) if they find it's being abused as a FP replacement.
Personally I feel the ADA law where they don’t require proof is ridiculous- if happily provide evidence.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
My eldest is autistic but previously with the fast pass system I didn't feel a need to get a das pass for him as he is fine to wait in short ques (sub 30minutes). However as he qualifies for a das pass I may get one next year if this turns out to be as bad as it sounds!
I'd recommend it. Doesn't take too long to set up on your first day and then you have it there for the rest of your trip should you need it.

Lack of free FP may be an issue for the headliners, but I don't expect standby queues to massively change as part of any changes to FP. You may have a small percentage of people who will only ride things with less than X wait time but for the most part, people want to ride a specific ride so will queue for that whether it's 30 minutes or 90. I suspect the headliners will go to virtual queues, they can't sustain these extended queues we're seeing all over the parks. They haven't been designed to hold that many people in standby.

Edited at 04:18 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

This is expected but still very disappointing
It’s one of the things we always rave about and enjoy when in the parks
We don’t do queues so I’m not really sure how we will ride anything in future
Tickets, parking etc is already such an expense we won’t be able to justify the huge extra cost for a family of four... sigh 😔
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Thinking now is that it will be along the lines of the Paris model - so per person per ride. Their pricing is as follows

Autopia: €8 per Guest (which equals just over $9)
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast: €15 per Guest (which equals nearly $18)
Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: €9 per Guest (which equals nearly $11)
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues: €8 per Guest (which equals just over $9)
Peter Pan’s Flight: €15 per Guest (which equals nearly $18)
Big Thunder Mountain: €12 per Guest (which equals just over $14

so on top of paying to get in the park

you would for example have to pay for a FP @30 quid for 3 people to ride thunder mountain... once...

seriously ?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I was fine paying the price for the Disney tickets when it gave us access to the rides but the tickets are now very expensive and adding on an extra cost to go on some of the rides just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. - stand by not even guaranteed.
This added to the nutty prices for flights next summer I am regretting promising DS we could make up for our missed trip in 2020.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
From the Disney Dish Len Testa/Jim Hill podcast this morning - so all unconfirmed. Supposedly for implementation 1st October or soon after. Announcement this month.

All of these options will be implemented at the same time as a replacement to fastpass

Lightening Pass - Paid entry into the fastpass line (much like the Paris model)

Lightening Pass Plus - Costs more than LP but straight to the front of the line

Genie Basic - Free but only allows you to book a time to join the standby line. Once in the standby line you have to wait the same as everyone else.

Genie Favourite Attractions - Free and allows you to identify a specific number of favourite attractions. You then 'may' receive an alert informing you when the standby line is low. Only some folks will receive that message though so the attraction isn't overloaded.

Genie Plus - Paid customised touring plans, much like those already offered by the Touring Plans website.

Standby - (most but not all attractions) - traditional walk up and wait.

Boarding Groups - Will continue for ROTR and will be the only way to ride Ratatouille when it opens.
Sounds like a bleedin’ (and expensive) nightmare if true.
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I was fine paying the price for the Disney tickets when it gave us access to the rides but the tickets are now very expensive and adding on an extra cost to go on some of the rides just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. - stand by not even guaranteed.
This added to the nutty prices for flights next summer I am regretting promising DS we could make up for our missed trip in 2020.
I’m the same. If I hadn’t promised ours, I’d be saying to leave next year and see how things settle. We also haven’t seen Galaxy’s Edge and are desperate to see it. Our last trip was 2018 with a big three week one cancelled in 2020.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Probably tie in with the new genie app being released and it will be a feature in there 😒
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
There will always be a free option. The majority of the guest throughput on attractions are on standby, not fastpasses - and that's even when they give them away for free. It may just be that your waits in future will be virtual instead of physically in the queue. Which can only be a good thing in my book, especially if you can hop to another physical queue (or watch a show, have lunch, shop, etc) in the meantime.

The rumour mill on paid FP is going insane since the new DLP FP option came out. They use different FP systems in all the parks that are tailored to the local markets, so what they use at DLP is no indication of what may come in at WDW. I wouldn't worry until they actually announce something.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There will always be a free option.
I hope you are right but my opinion (and thats all it is) isthere wont be any free fastpasses at all

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List