Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Aug 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JJ Disney View Post
Would you guy's say the food is better in the deluxe hotels as opposed to the value ones or is it just all the same?
It's been a couple of years now but I viewed Gasparilla's (GF) and Contempo to go (CR) as the two best counter service places in the hotels. I haven't eaten at Captain Cook's (Poly) for maybe eight years but it always used to be OK.

All the restaurants at MK and Epcot deluxes are really nice except for 'Ohana which I find overhyped, rushed and mediocre. The lack of a signature restaurant was one of the main reasons, after staying over 160 nights at the Poly in the mid to late 2000's, that we moved to either the GF or CR.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
It would be the Contemporary theme park view for me. Best views we have ever had at Disney. Loads of transport options, we loved how easy it was to visit other resorts using the mk buses there or back and the stroll into Mk is the best thing ever. It’s as close as you’ll get!

If I was going for an Epcot resort I’d not pick the beach club but go for the yacht club and guaranteed balcony.

We haven’t stayed at the castle club in DLP in years but loved it.

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Thank you Dr J... What's (CR)?

I have now changed my booking to the Contemporary, since doing that i watched some of the room youtube videos and one of them was a little off putting that the shuttle comes in right near your room door if you are on a lower floor and also they had the people walking to get on the shuttle too and said it was very noisey...

have you ever experienced this?

I just dont want to regret my decision as it's a lot of money and I want to get it right.
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Thank you Rescuer! Those pictures are amazing it looks beautiful from that room.

Great advice I might just stick with the Contemporary, it looks amazing and it should be getter than AoA right...
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Thank you Dr J... What's (CR)?

I have now changed my booking to the Contemporary, since doing that i watched some of the room youtube videos and one of them was a little off putting that the shuttle comes in right near your room door if you are on a lower floor and also they had the people walking to get on the shuttle too and said it was very noisey...

have you ever experienced this?

I just dont want to regret my decision as it's a lot of money and I want to get it right.
Contemporary Resort = CR

With Theme park View you will be above the monorail so the noise isn't really noticeable. They'd also put rubber seals on the doors on our last visit and it really quietened things down too.

Closer to your stay put a request on your booking for :-
high floor, north end, odd numbered room - in that order of preference.

Edited at 07:26 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thank you KiKi Mouse, I am going to try and upgrade from AoA to The Contemporary Park View Room and hope for the best I think...

Would you guy's say the food is better in the deluxe hotels as opposed to the value ones or is it just all the same?
There are a lot more options for dining in the deluxe hotels. I would definitely book some restaurants in advance, though.

From the Contemporary you have:
  • A QS (which many love), buffet and two other restaurants
  • MANY other options walking distance at MK
  • Even MANY-ER options on the monorail at GF and Poly, or boat to WL
  • MANY - EST options available at Epcot via two monorails

DrJJ is right that it’s perfectly possible to reach other areas from the MK area. My feedback comes from being an owner at Bay Lake Tower and staying there over the years and feeling it’s less ‘centrally located’ than many other options.

I would gently suggest that your teens may prefer an area where they can have some walking freedoms (mine did - and they’d choose an Epcot resort such as Beach or Yacht Club over the MK hotels).

These are all very excellent choices, and you can’t go wrong with any; simply what I have found over the years is better for my family - yours likely may have different preferences
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

You are an absolute star Dr J! Thank you so much
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thank you Rescuer! Those pictures are amazing it looks beautiful from that room.

Great advice I might just stick with the Contemporary, it looks amazing and it should be getter than AoA right...
We were there over Christmas a few years ago, it was amazing. We didn’t find the hotel noisy, I only heard the monorail when we were in public areas like the Contemporary Cafe. I really liked how compact it was.

The Contemporary and the Yacht Club are my 2 favourites.

A wee lake view from the Yacht Club

You could do a split stay, 5 nights at the contemporary and 5 nights at an Epcot resort. That’s what we did on our Christmas trip and it was fantastic.

Art of Animation is lovely. We’ve only stayed in little mermaid rooms but I’d stay again. It’s full on Disney.

Portofino is a nice choice for universal, although I think all 3 of their express Pass hotels are great.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Thank you Karen, with my teens in mind I might ask my travel agent to just give me a price for the beach club they have said they only have water or pool rooms would you recommend these rooms?
Old 13 Aug 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

OMG Rescuer I didn't even think that of having 5 days at the CR and 5 over at Epcot was on the table!

Now it is

my travel agent is going to hate me... I am really working her to the bone lol