Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So basically a family of 4 with 14 day ultimates will now haVe the privilege of paying an extra $840 to get something worse (top attractions not on genie+) than they had for free!

Chapek loves the $$$$$
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

takes away the last of what magic was there for me- greed at its utmost here, no concern for customer satisfaction whatsoever- I am seriously p'eed off with this I can tell you and may not visit again at this rate! so depressing! ((
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

How can anybody see value in this product anymore? They are literally just making you pay for things that were previously included now. The costs are already astronomical, there is no way I could justify a full on-site holiday at WDW doing all the parks etc anymore, and I am a massive fan. It's so sad but I have finally been priced out. Also, it's just another layer of complexity, I can't even be bothered to read the full description/instructions, they've actually made visiting a theme park like a chore.

I expect my future holiday cash will be spent with Universal and the Oriental Land Company at Tokyo Disney.

Edited at 01:03 AM.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Said in another thread but I’m wavering and May cancel next year

Our last trip was 2019 in Port Orleans, we had:

Free Quick service dining plan - GONE
Free parking (uk guests) - GONE?
EMH - reduced offering
Magic express - GOING
Free magic bands - GONE
Fastpass + with on-site bonus of booking early - GONE

Anyone hazard a guess at what the total extra costs would be? I imagine for a family of 4 you are talking £2000 - £3000
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Atleast the standby lines will actually move!

Maxpass at Disneyland was great and this seems very similar so will probably do this one day per park and go standby the rest of the trip.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
liamaxina
VIP Dibber

liamaxina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Once again the ordinary hard working person gets shafted and only the wealthy will be able to afford this. It’s just corporate greed.
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by liamaxina View Post
Once again the ordinary hard working person gets shafted and only the wealthy will be able to afford this. It’s just corporate greed.
Most definitely! I know it’s a business, and has always been about making money, but these last few years they really are milking everyone dry
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Here is one of the blog links

allears/2021/08/18/disne...service-works/
Old 19 Aug 21, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ugh this is a bit of a depressing read. The cost of a Disney holiday is going to get (even more) ridiculous! Trying to look at it logically… unless they end up bundling a price for UK visitors for 14 days (which they might), we would probably pay for 4/5 days of genie+ on a 14 day trip plus maybe 3 days of the individual passes. I guess the price of that would be more palatable than $15 per day for 14 days for 4 people! Like others have said though, I’m really not seeing the benefit of staying on-site any more. Perhaps more will be revealed in time.
Old 19 Aug 21, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

This is exactly the reason we won’t be going back, that the hiked increase of everything and if you stay off site the parking. I have some wonderful memories of going to Disney on several occasions which will be with me for ever but the last time I went I knew I would never go back. I’m sure thousands of people will pay for the fast passes but I won’t be one of them.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List