Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Aug 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fitzybhoy
Getting Excited

We spend about 50% Disney and 50% off site whilst staying on-site 100% of the time.

If staying at a resort, is the per person per day fee charged for every day or only days that you visit a Disney park?
fitzybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fitzybhoy View Post
We spend about 50% Disney and 50% off site whilst staying on-site 100% of the time.

If staying at a resort, is the per person per day fee charged for every day or only days that you visit a Disney park?
Neither. It's only charged on the days that you purchase it. It's not linked to hotel stay or ticket length/usage.

ETA: As an example... I will be staying on-site for 6 nights, with 4 park days (one each). The only day I'm considering purchasing Genie+ for is my MK day as there's several attractions that I like in tier 2. So I will only pay $15.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
This is similar to the quandry we all used to have back in the old days of paper fastpasses. Which one should we get a paper fastpass for? We might have decided to get a paper fastpass for PP but then, in the 2 hours until riding PP, the fastpass return time for Splash might get even longer. Or Splash might even run out of fastpasses.
Yes very similar to the old system (which imho was better). I think it is the running out of of passes for the rides you wanted even when you have paid your $15 that is the key to the popularity here.

This is very different to Universal where you pay a lot more money but once you have the pass you can stand in the FP line for the ride you wish.

Yes you can still stand in the standby line and use the Genie+ for some of the less popular rides. How happy you are with this really depends on which rides you end up with.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fitzybhoy View Post

It's up to you. You get to choose which days you buy it for and which days you don't.

If you visit the Disney parks on 7 days over a 14 days holiday but only want Genie+ on 4 of those days (perhaps one day per park) then you can.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Yes very similar to the old system (which imho was better). I think it is the running out of of passes for the rides you wanted even when you have paid your $15 that is the key to the popularity here.
Yes, this is a potential concern.

Although considering Fastpass+ was available to all, and you could book additional fastpasses on the day like you can with Genie+, the fastpasses for most second tier attractions didn't tend to run out on an average day. Well, not until later in the day anyway (obviously they will run out eventually). And I would expect less people would be using Genie+ than Fastpass+ because it'll cost money so it should be less of an issue than previously.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Whatever queues are like as a result of Genie+, nothing can possibly top queueing for two hours at Universal in mid-August to ride Cat in the flaming Hat with my in-laws. I’d pay a lot more than $15/day just to guarantee never having to holiday with relatives ever again!
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Is there a list of attractions that will be on the $15 per day list?
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Is there a list of attractions that will be on the $15 per day list?
Nothing official yet, but the rumoured list is here:
https://DIBB.in/15105555

It's pretty much the old FP list minus the character meets and shows. With the two most popular attractions at each park likely to be the IAS pay per ride ones.

Edited at 09:23 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Nothing official yet, but the rumoured list is here:
https://DIBB.in/15105555

It's pretty much the old FP list minus the character meets and shows. With the two most popular attractions at each park likely to be the IAS pay per ride ones.
Thank you loldis. You are my Disney mentor
Old 29 Aug 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post

This is very different to Universal where you pay a lot more money but once you have the pass you can stand in the FP line for the ride you wish.

Yes you can still stand in the standby line and use the Genie+ for some of the less popular rides. How happy you are with this really depends on which rides you end up with.
I think this addresses my key point. What will you actually get for 15 dollars how much will be available to book and how long will you have to wait. For example if throughout the day you have a broad choice of rides and the window you can use them in is close to when you book them ( no more than an hour) I think feedback will turn in Disney’s favour. If at 11am your choice is between the mad hatters tea party and it’s a small world neither of which are available until 7pm then it won’t.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List