Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Aug 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Cabana Bay vs Aventura?

Hi all, these two are on the short list, both similar price for Aug 2023, would be looking for family suite, any pointers as to which one is better for a small family (2A 1C)? On first look Aventura seems to have the better family suite (bit pricier than CB for that).

We'd be going to Disney as well as Universal and love bobbing out for an evening meal without much of a drive if possible.

Many Thanks

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

I personally think that the Aventura is swayed more to the adults only type stayers and Cabana bay more to the families. Both are excellent hotels but depending how old your child is Cabana bay has a lot more for the kiss to do
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Only stayed at Cabana Bay of the 2.

We loved it with our kids aged 9 & 5 at the time. Lazy River Pool was very busy and the other side was a long walk but slightly quieter . Didn't bother us for our time there .

Aventura pool looked quiet and relaxed always (August) We spent time at Portofino also and they had a pool which was always just us in it. That was spot on.

So basically if you wanted a busy or quiet pool might sway your choice! either way you'll enjoy
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Cabana bay has direct access to volcano bay which is good and does have 2 pools itself. As for getting out we found it simple to get out using Uber/Lfyt and would go out the back entrance where the parking garage to pick them up and cost down to the orlando eye area was less then $10. Or you can use the universal bus to the universal hotels on i-drive. Cabana bay has a cafetria style restauraunt which we found good for breakfast etc.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all. Both sound good. Did a Villa last time but only us 3 this time. Daughter will be nearly 11 when we go. Do like the sound of quieter pool at AV but also CB having more to do for kids is a big draw.. choices choices!

Edited at 05:48 PM.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Cabana bay - we’ve booked this for the summer with the family suite, 3 of us and Ds will be 14 so we thought it might be nice to have a little extra space to escape the teen and vice versa. BA had a great price. Pools look great, bowling, we still plan to walk to the parks, bus if we fancy and nip across to Aventura and Sapphire Falls for food drink etc.

Aventura - love it. Our ds loves it so I wouldn’t say it’s more adult focused. Really compact, iPad controls the room a great selling point for my Ds. Pool basic but good and we’ve never seen it too busy. Love the food court and Starbucks and rooftop bar is great. Happy to walk to parks or to catch sapphire falls boat.

For cabana bay there’s a bridge you can cross to get to sapphire and Aventura. You have IMO great choices for food even before considering city walk. As I said really nice food court at Aventura, a cut above your normal one with fresh pizza, wok station. Sushi etc. Amatista cookhouse at Sapphire does amazing breakfasts and we loved strong water tavern and their small tapas type plates at Sapphire.

Plus you can pool hop.

I have a feb 2020 trip report linked in my signature where we just did universal for a week snd stayed at Aventura if you want to see more about the resort or food I’ve mentioned.
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Cabana bay - we’ve booked this for the summer with the family suite, 3 of us and Ds will be 14 so we thought it might be nice to have a little extra space to escape the teen and vice versa. BA had a great price. Pools look great, bowling, we still plan to walk to the parks, bus if we fancy and nip across to Aventura and Sapphire Falls for food drink etc.

Aventura - love it. Our ds loves it so I wouldn’t say it’s more adult focused. Really compact, iPad controls the room a great selling point for my Ds. Pool basic but good and we’ve never seen it too busy. Love the food court and Starbucks and rooftop bar is great. Happy to walk to parks or to catch sapphire falls boat.

For cabana bay there’s a bridge you can cross to get to sapphire and Aventura. You have IMO great choices for food even before considering city walk. As I said really nice food court at Aventura, a cut above your normal one with fresh pizza, wok station. Sushi etc. Amatista cookhouse at Sapphire does amazing breakfasts and we loved strong water tavern and their small tapas type plates at Sapphire.

Plus you can pool hop.

I have a feb 2020 trip report linked in my signature where we just did universal for a week snd stayed at Aventura if you want to see more about the resort or food I’ve mentioned.
Wow thank you so much. That’s really helpful. I’ll check out your trip report. I’m edging on Cabana as the family suites are a fair bit cheaper than Aventura
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Wow thank you so much. That’s really helpful. I’ll check out your trip report. I’m edging on Cabana as the family suites are a fair bit cheaper than Aventura
We just had a standard room for the 3 of us in Aventura and it was fine. Looking forward to trying the family suite at Cabana Bay in the summer though.

Definitely check out the British airways pricing, we were looking at Surfside - Endless Summer, I couldn’t believe that Cabana Bay was cheaper.
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Aventura is very good indeed. Our teens (12 and 15 at the time) loved it. We loved it. I’d personally much prefer it over Cabana Bay, it’s a bit like a trendy Bay Lake Tower I thought. Rather than a suite, we got two connecting rooms.
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We just had a standard room for the 3 of us in Aventura and it was fine. Looking forward to trying the family suite at Cabana Bay in the summer though.

Definitely check out the British airways pricing, we were looking at Surfside - Endless Summer, I couldn’t believe that Cabana Bay was cheaper.
Had a quick look at BA. Is it right that they only have holidays available 12 months in advance? VH for 2023 at the moment are cheaper than BA for 22 from what I can see