Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Thank you that’s really helpful. I can do the zoom call and they will be around but I hope the cast member does nt mention autism to my children. My daughter HATES that she is autistic and reacted so badly to us telling her she was that we have not yet told my son- he is younger than her.
I don’t think the CM would need to speak to your children at all, they’d just need to take their photo. I don’t think the emphasis would be on the condition, but more of why they are unable to wait in a regular line, so hopefully your daughter wouldn’t get upset. Maybe just call them into the room to take the photo, so they’ll not over hear the conversation between you & the CM.

I’m in a similar position to you, both my sons have autism (amongst other conditions) & we’ve had a DAS pass during our last 2 visits. I’m looking forward to them giving more details, hopefully soon.
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

TC Devon's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hopefully they will just take photo and not question. My daughter will deny everything. I know she runs away when in a queue- gets really stressed and bolts. If’ve chased her through Legoland a few times! If they ask her she will deny it as she hates to think she’s struggles with things and that she finds things hard.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Excited about Disney

Hopefully they will just take photo and not question. My daughter will deny everything. I know she runs away when in a queue- gets really stressed and bolts. If’ve chased her through Legoland a few times! If they ask her she will deny it as she hates to think she’s struggles with things and that she finds things hard.
It has to be the person that requires the DAS pass that gets the photo taken to reduce fraud. When scanning into the queue the CM is supposed to check the picture to ensure the DAS holder is going onto the ride and not just other members of the group. If the DAS holder isn't present nobody gets to use the return time.

*Edit. Sorry I misread and thought you wanted your picture taken instead of your daughter.

Edited at 08:37 PM.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thank you that’s really helpful. I can do the zoom call and they will be around but I hope the cast member does nt mention autism to my children. My daughter HATES that she is autistic and reacted so badly to us telling her she was that we have not yet told my son- he is younger than her.
Ds16 hates it being mentioned too,and detests having his photo taken.He has managed to get it done,but usually i talk to the cm first,explain about their autism and difficulties waiting etc,then bring them over for a split second for photographs.That way is easier for them.Hoping i can do the same on the zoom call as they definately wont talk.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
spookey25
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
The new system will allow you to pre arrange your DAS pass. It will be done via a video call with a CM. The person you want the pass for will have to be present for a part of the process as they’ll need a photo taking (like is done in person at guest relations). If approved you can then pre-book 2 rides per day, these bookings will show in your MDE. This process can be done from 30 days before your trip, but no sooner than 2 days before. From what I understand once you’ve used your 2 pre-booked rides you can then do another, one at a time, as it was before, but instead of doing it at each individual ride it can be booked via the app. Depending on how many rides you’d like to, which rides they are (headliners or not) then you may be able to just use the DAS pass and purchase individually for some of the headliner rides, if needed. As you’re staying for 3 weeks though you may well just need to use the DAS pass.
Hello there,

really good info, where is it from / whats the source I'd like to have a read.

many thanks
spookey25 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spookey25 View Post
Hello there,

really good info, where is it from / whats the source I'd like to have a read.

many thanks
It was on the DAS guest services page although that's not currently loading, so they may be in the process of updating it further.

There is a very small mention at the bottom of the Genie announcement though: disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-disney-genie/

Edited at 05:02 PM.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List