Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Worth noting folks that at the moment evening hours are only on Mondays and Wednesdays and are limited to Epcot and MK.

I had some great nights back in the day when EMH evenings were 3 hours. I remember one night0morning in MK when it was empty for the last hour between 1 and 2am. Circled the park walking on everything.

Once it went to 2 hours it seemed to change, I think they brought the hours earlier in the evening too so more people stayed. I gave up on them in teh end as they started to seem busier than regular evenings.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In fairness the new ones should be a lot better with only one third of the people able to ride rides compared to before. We are early morning rather than late people, but I’m hoping to try it out at Christmas (I know) if it’s on and see what it’s like.
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
In fairness the new ones should be a lot better with only one third of the people able to ride rides compared to before. We are early morning rather than late people, but I’m hoping to try it out at Christmas (I know) if it’s on and see what it’s like.
We are the same, always always there for park opening but struggle to stay out after fireworks.

Our next and likely last trip to Disney will hopefully be to the Yacht Club in 2023, if the Deluxe EMH hours are still a thing then I’m kidding myself saying I might use them as I know exactly what we are like!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
We are the same, always always there for park opening but struggle to stay out after fireworks.

Our next and likely last trip to Disney will hopefully be to the Yacht Club in 2023, if the Deluxe EMH hours are still a thing then I’m kidding myself saying I might use them as I know exactly what we are like!
You do well to watch the fireworks, it’s only near the end of the holiday we manage that usually.
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You do well to watch the fireworks, it’s only near the end of the holiday we manage that usually.
A little afternoon nap at the pool helps with that!
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I wonder if DVC owners will get any extra perks? Looks like on-site guests aren’t apart from being able to book LL earlier.
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
With EMH the first 30 to 60 minutes will be busy with non resort guests as anyone can join a ride queue upto the closing time of the park. So if MK closes at 10pm, then as a non deluxe guest I could join the queue at 9.59 and 59 seconds. After the closing time they used to scan magic bands before entry to the line to check you were an onsite guest. It didn't take long for this. Non resort guests are allowed to stay within parks and shops after park close, in fact many people will opt for this as a strategy to avoid packed transport back to their car.

So, it will take a little while for it to feel less busy, but having said all that Disney are known to inflate posted wait times so while it may say 45 minutes wait for Space Mountain it may be more like a 20 minute wait. You've just got to chance it really and some times you will get lucky.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We are debating this at the moment, we currently plan Disney first 5 days, but we'll be too jet lagged for evening hours, although well able to be up at 7am booking in the genie app and also taking advantage of early park openings, wondering if we should move our onsite to the second week of our holiday. To complicate things we're travelling with my brother's family who are planning to stay at Pop.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
We are debating this at the moment, we currently plan Disney first 5 days, but we'll be too jet lagged for evening hours, although well able to be up at 7am booking in the genie app and also taking advantage of early park openings, wondering if we should move our onsite to the second week of our holiday. To complicate things we're travelling with my brother's family who are planning to stay at Pop.
The problem of onsite in the second week is that if you're booked using the dining offer, your tickets won't be valid until your check in day. But if it's a room only booking, no issue.

Also, naps are your friend those first few days.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We're restricted to school holidays and going Easter, so sadly no dining offer, can't believe we're paying rack rates with no incentives whatsoever!

Naps though, and the transport system is are main incentive for onsite, we won't have a car. We're booked at Beach Club, so do have the pool and easy access to Epcot. Car hire booked for the second week through BA, and I really don't fancy trying to move that, we were originally booked for now and changing took hours and hours.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List