Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Aug 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

It’s so sad to see so many of us feeling deflated and feeling the magic is ebbing away.
With all the Disney price hikes, cut backs, removal of perks for staying on-site and now the Genie + cash grab app it’s hard not to feel this way.
So many other wonderful places to visit though. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We should of taken our eldest grandson on his first visit last year , we were so excited for him to experience it all , sadly when we do get to go with him we will all be experiencing the unknown
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
It’s so sad to see so many of us feeling deflated and feeling the magic is ebbing away.
With all the Disney price hikes, cut backs, removal of perks for staying on-site and now the Genie + cash grab app it’s hard not to feel this way.
So many other wonderful places to visit though. 😊
Hello Cha Cha, remember 2017 when all we worried about was building work at CBR? We're in Barbados, en route to our kids and grandkids in California, a work around we hope will work!
I hope you and the family are well 😊
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Nailed it prugone, we started going late 80's and what an experience that was! Been many times since, lastly in 2018 when we got club in the Boardwalk for £4,800 (via tx from building work at AKL and free upgrade), free dining, free parking and fast passes, that was an on site stay to remember! Over the years the on site and in park experience has changed so much we count ourselves lucky to have gone during those times.

We were due to have one last stay next year but the latest changes have tipped us over the edge and have sent a cancellation letter, will now look at off site and give Disney a miss all together...
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I remember the days we would just turn up no planning apart from which park to go and no Animal kingdom. The welcome sign daughter was 18 months and she would point and say diney there (camcorder then). The interaction from characters was as magical.
Got some many captured films.
Loved river country too.
Maybe some of it is nostalgia and the memories of my own children have grown up. It was new to us and we didn’t know many people that had gone.
Think dial up internet had just taken hold too. Not the fast visual and instant access we have today .
Maybe not seeing all the YouTube videos etc kept its magic a mystery.
Yep
Our first trip was prior to YouTube so it was fantastic seeing everything for the first time
Loved River Country as well
Loved sitting at the bus stop no plans for park that day and getting on to the first park bus and going there
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Personally I don't feel that the magic is going, I just think I get nostalgic about certain things. I end up adapting to most of the changes, and I imagine it was the same with the introduction of Fastpass and lots of other things throughout time.

The thing that's 'unmagical' for me is the closure of the border and the worry of becoming Covid positive whilst on holiday. That's the real downer for me.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I loved it in the past with the paper fastpass tickets...everything was just so simple then and more relaxed.
Fastpass plus was OK, but felt your day was already mapped out for you, and you had to keep checking your watch to be in the right place at the right time.
Genie Plus... no way, mainly because of the booking stress at 7am ! ( Cost is a kick in the groin as well ) Who wants to set their alarm at 06.45 in the morning and be clicking on an app panicking at 7am whilst on their holiday.
I am happy enough just buying a ticket, stroll around the park and if a queue seems reasonable, join the standby.
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Hello Cha Cha, remember 2017 when all we worried about was building work at CBR? We're in Barbados, en route to our kids and grandkids in California, a work around we hope will work!
I hope you and the family are well 😊
Hi BB,
Yeah good ole 2017 😆
Did you end up being changed to POR that year?
We decided to stick with CBR with the pop up tent food court 😀
Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Barbados & have a fantastic time in California with your family, hope it all works out 😊x
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rayer72 View Post
I loved it in the past with the paper fastpass tickets...everything was just so simple then and more relaxed.
Fastpass plus was OK, but felt your day was already mapped out for you, and you had to keep checking your watch to be in the right place at the right time.
Genie Plus... no way, mainly because of the booking stress at 7am ! ( Cost is a kick in the groin as well ) Who wants to set their alarm at 06.45 in the morning and be clicking on an app panicking at 7am whilst on their holiday.
I am happy enough just buying a ticket, stroll around the park and if a queue seems reasonable, join the standby.
I was nostalgic for paper Fastpasses until I had a dose of it again in Tokyo Disneyland. After being in the scrum for them and getting one of the last available times when we got to the machines, not so much... 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nah, still the best feeling in the world arriving at WDW.
Arriving at OKW with a "Welcome Home"
Boat to Downtown Disney and thinking "YES we're here! "
Main St and the sights smells and memories.
Tower of Terror and hysterical laughter even though you've been on it dozens of times.
Boardwalk and round the world.
I will never get fed up of all this.
Cannot wait to go back.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List