maidmarian
Imagineer

Is the market good?
How big is it?
I quite fancy the idea
We have the Lincoln one but it's only a weekend event in early December
Sorry Fluffy I'm gatecrashing your thread 🥺

Edited at 10:05 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Don't feel like you have to walk the whole length of the market if she gets tired. We found the stalls definitely repeated a few times along the whole stretch.
Sounds a little like the Manchester ones then, they are slightly repeated in places too! Thank you.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
I’d say if you can avoid going on the weekends try to, it really does get very very busy (well before Covid anyway) and packed with people drinking and eating, weekday mornings you’d be able to much better get around the stalls, it’s also very spread out x
Thank you! We are looking at Monday-Wednesday so hopefully it will be a little quieter, well hopefully anyway.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
We stay here every year for the Christmas market.
That’s good to know! This location has the best price for my dates so far so potentially this is where we are going to stay.
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Is the market good?
How big is it?
I quite fancy the idea
Grate crash away, the more ideas the better!😂
Old 23 Aug 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone?
Market?
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Is the market good?
How big is it?
I quite fancy the idea

We have been a few times.

How big is it? - Huge, the stalls seem to go on forever, but as DonnaD said, they seem to repeat themselves a few times.

Every time we've been it has been extremely busy, even on a week night. They have a good range of stalls, Christmas presents/ornaments, food, drink, sweets, a carousel, etc. I usually end up buying a new Christmas ornament and some unusual and expensive sweets.

We usually go at the end of November, to coincide with my birthday, I feel it's like the start of Christmas, and it looks amazing.

Don't eat before you go, because there are loads of interesting food stalls, you will be spoilt for choice. The only downside is it can be quite expensive, but well worth a visit in my opinion.
Old 23 Aug 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
We have been a few times.

How big is it? - Huge, the stalls seem to go on forever, but as DonnaD said, they seem to repeat themselves a few times.

Every time we've been it has been extremely busy, even on a week night. They have a good range of stalls, Christmas presents/ornaments, food, drink, sweets, a carousel, etc. I usually end up buying a new Christmas ornament and some unusual and expensive sweets.

We usually go at the end of November, to coincide with my birthday, I feel it's like the start of Christmas, and it looks amazing.

Don't eat before you go, because there are loads of interesting food stalls, you will be spoilt for choice. The only downside is it can be quite expensive, but well worth a visit in my opinion.
Thank you 👍
Old 23 Aug 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm local to Birmingham, the hotels mentioned already are all close by. If you are wanting something a bit more luxurious than the Premier Inn (although I do love a PI) then there is the Burlington or the recently refurbed Grand Hotel which looks incredible, both very much in walking distance to the markets.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'm local to Birmingham and avoid the Christmas markets. They're just too busy for me and I don't find it fun. They are huge, and get bigger every year, but the stalls certainly repeat quite often so you don't need to walk the full length.

We had a PCR test at the Burlington a few weeks ago and it was a lovely hotel. There are plenty of Premier Inn's, Hilton's around the area. Plus Malmaison, Hotel Indigo and AC Hotel are in a nice area called the Mailbox which has a secure car park. Clayton is a bit further out but still walking distance and it pops up quite often on Groupon (and similar sites).

Definitely avoid Britannia Hotel in Birmingham! It looks like a good location for the markets on the map but it's awful.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List