Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Memory maker next?

Will this be next to go?
Is it even still included if you buy park tickets now?
The way things are going I can see this being next
What do you think?
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Probably. Thought they might leave it twelve months or so given how unpopular the Genie thing is.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I got surveyed about it last week so yes, they're more than likely thinking about changing it. I don't think they'll get rid of it completely but I can see it becoming part of Genie+ like it is at Disneyland. Although they have less photographers there compared to WDW, so I'd also expect a staff reduction in that case.

It's only included with UK tickets. It's never been included with US tickets that I'm aware of, separate purchase ($199) required. Personally I never use it and I'd rather have Genie+ included with UK tickets.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Personally I never use it and I'd rather have Genie+ included with UK tickets.
I love memory maker. Got so many wonderful family photos from it. I’d like both the Genie thing and memory maker included in the U.K. tickets. Especially since as someone pointed out on another thread, when I bought my tickets, fast pass was included.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I love memory maker. Got so many wonderful family photos from it.
I think it's different for families, I can see the benefit there. But for just me, I prefer my selfies. Didn't keep any of the photopass shots from my last trip so would have been a complete waste of money if I'd had to purchase it.

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We paid for it quite often before it was included with tickets. I would pay for it again as we love the photos but if you easy you still have the option to buy individual photos as in most parks.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think it's different for families, I can see the benefit there. But for just me, I prefer my selfies. Didn't keep any of the photopass shots from my last trip so would have been a complete waste of money if I'd had to purchase it.
You see I hate selfies - shows too many wrinkles! 😉 On memory maker photos, they clearly add Disney magic as I still look about 20. 😅
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It’s only included with UK tickets not US tickets. If it was removed I could see it being replaced with genie+. Not sure about them adding it to genie+ as they make a lot of money from it, so it would have to be a substantial uplift in genie+.

Personally I doubt it will be removed from UK tickets unless Genie+ or something else took it’s place.

I paid for it back in the days when many people on the dibb split one photo pass between multiple families, certainly would consider doing that again if it was no longer free
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
You see I hate selfies - shows too many wrinkles! 😉 On memory maker photos, they clearly add Disney magic as I still look about 20. 😅
I have a Pixel phone which has the in-built beauty filter on portrait mode. It's great.
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It is included in Genie plus , the AR feature makes me wonder if character meets will go .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List