Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Ready for 2022

1st look at Disney's new Princess and the Frog attraction

abcnews.go/GMA/Travel/1s... hero_bsq_hed

No news on times/dates yet though.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... 2022 - here we come for three weeks!
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
From now on the first question asked will be... how much 🙄
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Ready for 2022

Tinkerbell... sprinkle some fairy dust on it (you're right of course)!

I wonder if anyone, anywhere, over any period of time will find it offensive in any way whatsoever!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... 2022 - here we come for three weeks!
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Here's the parks blog post about it...
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-and-the-frog/

This retheme made sense to me. Even if you don't agree with the attached "woke" component, the Splash characters weren't relevant to anyone who wasn't already familiar with the ride. Disney wants recognisable IP all over the parks now. Especially when they're charging you to ride it.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I didn't think Princess and the Frog was popular enough to warrant replacing Splash Mountain, didn't it bomb? I am a Disney fan so I have seen it and the film was OK but most of my family and friends haven't even watched it.

Maybe it did better in the US than UK?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
Excited about Disney

Judging from how long they have been building GOTG id guess uni will have their epic park finished before this is overhauled
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's done OK for recent Disney (non-Pixar) animation, made $270m box office. It's no Frozen, but I wouldn't call it a flop either. Tiana being added to the official princess line-up is the main thing. It makes her far more recognisable than just the movie being out there would do, since there is an entire marketing line for the princesses separate from the movies they appear in.

To a family not familiar with the parks, a Tiana ride is an easier sell since they more than likely know the princess.

Edited at 04:09 PM.
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I really enjoyed the Princess and the Frog and while I can see it fitting well with the ride Im not sure it fits with Frontierland. That said, I think this will be fantastic. I love Splash Mountain but it does look old and tired compared to some of the newer rides.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I love Princess and the Frog. The music is fabulous and will fit right in on a boat ride.

nolypops83 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

This is from Brayden's Twitter today. His sources are usually pretty good, which is concerning...

Sources say Splash Mountain will be losing the majority of its AAs with the Princess and the Frog reimagining because Disney isnt willing to spend even close to the amount of money necessary to properly overhaul the attraction.
Losing the number of animatronics Splash has may not necessarily be bad, Runaway Railway barely uses them and it's still a fun attraction. But the end of the sentence is my concern.