Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Aug 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tabwest
New Poster (5)

Old Key West or Saratoga Springs one bedroom villa

Looking for advice please. We are looking at booking a one bed villa for 8 days in July 2022.
Seem to have narrowed it down to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. We are a family of 4 and the space looks suitable at both, hence advice needed!
tabwest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

SSR for the pull down proper bed instead of a sofa bed and I like the refurb style. OKW is considerably bigger though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We love okw, the space in a 1 bed is massive. There is nothing nicer than sitting on the balcony in the morning watching the golfers go by. I think okw rooms are bigger.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The one bed at OKW is absolutely massive compared to SSR and you have the two sofa beds which my adult children found very comfy.

We do prefer the location at SSR though, so it comes down to a space vs location decision
Old 27 Aug 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We loved okw. Very spacious and the grounds were lovely .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
The one bed at OKW is absolutely massive compared to SSR and you have the two sofa beds which my adult children found very comfy.

We do prefer the location at SSR though, so it comes down to a space vs location decision
Can't add any more than this except at OKW the only real quickserve is a little window at the pool. At ssr you have more choices.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tmwalsh View Post
Can't add any more than this except at OKW the only real quickserve is a little window at the pool. At ssr you have more choices.
Actually yes that is a real downside of OKW - very basic QS.

SSR is much better and even more importantly a short stroll delivers many more DS options too
Old 27 Aug 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
We love okw, the space in a 1 bed is massive. There is nothing nicer than sitting on the balcony in the morning watching the golfers go by. I think okw rooms are bigger.
That might be me!
you'll recognise me by the banging of the club on the ground and the cry of "#*@*#@# useless"!

Agree can't beat chilling on the balcony first thing, last thing and best of all during a storm 😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

OKW for our family of 4 because my children prefer not to share a bed. That is important for us, and my girls think the sofa beds are really comfy. Even the single bed size one is a decent size.
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

OKW for me. Just had the same choice to make and we've decided on a one bedroom villa at OKW. So much more space, huge balcony, lovely pools.

We stayed in a studio one our last visit and it was a lovely room. The 1 bedroom villa looks huge by comparison to SS.

Food options are pretty good with a decent breakfast and lunch offering from the QS near the main pool. You can order from Oliviers menu at the Gurgling Suitcase bar too. Oliviers has great reviews too.

We loved our last stay in Summer 2018 so have high hopes for the next trip.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List