Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Discovery cove without the dolphin swim?

We have a 3 week super trip ( fingers crossed) next August. 2 adults 3 kids ( will be 16,12,10)
Already doing onsite at Disney and universal, then doing 11 nights in a villa. We’ll have more than enough to occupy ourselves over 3 weeks just with the universal/ Disney tickets- but never done DC/SW/ aquatics. Who know when we will get to Orlando again so thinking of adding a discovery cove visit in that includes the 14 day SW/ BG/ Aquatica tickets. To add the dolphin swim doubles the price! Is it worth a trip without the dolphins if it may be your one and only visit?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Is it worth the trip? Only you can put a price on that. I've done it once and wouldn't do it again. The lead in time to the dolphin experience, the swim and the photographs means it can last for about an hour. The actual dolphin interaction time I don't believe is very long but seems adequate for what you do. You may have to share with another couple/family, but the delight on your children's faces when you look at the photos and reminisce might just be worth it to you. Book your visit in the first week incase the weather causes the day to be cancelled, this means that you have plenty of time left to rejig your diary and rebook.
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Taking into account that you can eat and drink all day included in the costs, we think it’s well worth the price. We also go for the 14 day passes to seaworld and aquatica and next trip probably Busch too
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Been many times with and without the swim and TBH I prefer without. As the above has said all food and drink free. Put that with the admission for seaworld etc it's definitely worth it. I much prefer snorkelling with the sting rays to the dolphin swim
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have visited with and without the swim. We absolutely love DC and it is a ‘must do’ for us, it is great value when combined with the Seaworld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica and I don’t think you would be disappointed by not doing the swim. There is so much there to keep you entertained - we love the lazy river and you must get to the aviary early to feed the birds!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Done with swim and will be doing without swim as the tickets uncle SW, Aquatica and Busch gardens 14 days unlimited. It's worth it for that alone
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

we too have done swim and non swim. more than happy to do non swim as theres pleny to do
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I would not hesitate to do it without the swim. To be honest I actually ended up feeling a bit uncomfortable at the swim part and didnt do that. I ended up just meeting and being able to stroke the dolphin. Great day there though and well worth the money for the day and the extra park accesses.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
We've done both and enjoy just as much without swim. We've booked swim for next year just because special occasion.
Old 2 Sep 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are planning to visit these parks for the first time next year. I haven’t even contemplated including a dolphin swim, there looks like more than enough to do without it.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List