Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Magicmethere
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Percentage of net income spent on Disney holiday

Hi everyone,

I know this is a personal question so please don’t answer if you don’t want to share but I was interested that everyone’s budgets are so different.

For your Disney holiday ( flights, car, accommodation and tickets not food), what percent roughly of net household income is spent on a Disney holiday.

Don’t need to know the actual amounts of income or what is spent on the holiday just a percentage please? I am trying to work out what is mostly acceptable and definitely know this varies between people.
Magicmethere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

For a family of 4 we usually spend £5000 for our 2/3 week break pre COVID !

As a % of our annual incomes that 6% of our income.

We did 3 x 3 weeks in 2018/2018 so effectively £15000, which would be 18%.

We do other non Florida stuff as well the three time ( we had annual passes so made good use of them) was unusual, we usually spend 20% of our income on holidays per year.

Edited at 09:07 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysam
Chilling at Carribean Beach

About 10% for our yearly holidays (1 high cost or 1 medium cost and 1 low cost).

I fear that may be more in future as prices rise! I’m really struggling with flight/car prices at the moment.
AKL & Polynesian 2022, Explorers Lodge HKDL & Tokyo Disneyland Hotel 2019, AKL & Grand Floridian Club Level 2018, Grand Californian DL 2017, Poly & Beach Club 2016, AKL & AOA 2014, Coronado Springs Resort 2013, Port Orelans Riverside 1996, 2009, 2010, 2012, Pop Century Resort 2011 & WDW All Star Movies 2000
Disneysam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Magicmethere
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanks both. We are at about 5% but we don’t tend to upgrade anything in terms of flights, accommodation and hotels etc really.
Magicmethere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I don’t know what the net income would be, what I do know is our next holiday could be the deposit for a nice house
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I don’t know what the net income would be, what I do know is our next holiday could be the deposit for a nice house
It’s frightening, we could have bought our house outright and have extra with what we’ve spent over the years.
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Not Disney as I haven't been in years but I do go to America 3 times a year so probably about 20%-30%
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We do very little other than work and go to Florida. I’d say maybe 20%
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Our annual holiday budget is around 12% of our take home pay (net). If we don't spend all of that, we roll it over to the next year. We have bills and a big mortgage so couldn't afford much more than that!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magicmethere View Post
I am trying to work out what is mostly acceptable and definitely know this varies between people.
I wouldn't worry about what is "acceptable" if you can afford it and you think it's worth it then go for it.

We would go on more expensive holidays that most of our friends because we can afford to due to not being very materialistic or going on nights out every week. Experiencing the world is more important to us than things.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List