Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Testing confusion

So we would quite like to go over October half term. Both me and husband are fully vaccinated but we have dd’s 14 and 11.
We were thinking of doing 4nights and 5days.

We are planning to drive there as we are in Kent.

Can anyone tell me what testing we need - I’ve read on gov website but I’m so confused so think I need it in layman terms.
Thanks 🙏
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are going for that length of time in November. I can only comment on UK return requirements because we are two fully vaccinated adults so I believe there is nothing for us to do to enter France.

In order to travel back, I will be booking us a lateral test here a couple of days before the return flight.

Before we go, I will order PCR tests for us to take two days after we arrive back in the UK, I haven’t decided where to get these from just yet, but I will order them before I go as I believe we need the reference number for the passenger locator form which needs to be completed before flying back.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Thank you. It’s the 14 year old I’m not sure about - I think she needs a negative test to go? Just not sure
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lulu-Belle View Post
Thank you. It’s the 14 year old I’m not sure about - I think she needs a negative test to go? Just not sure
Oh yes she will, that I am sure about. I just haven’t looked into organising that bit as we don’t have one in our party.
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

We are going for the same amount of time in December. Our kids are 13, 11 & 2.

For out DS who has just turned 13 our understand is that he will require 3 LFT's.

1x to gain entry to France.
1x after 72 hours
1x pre departure to UK
1x day 2 PCR

France are bringing in a health pass at the end of September. So that anyone unvaccinated aged 12 & over will need to test every 72 hours to gain entry to public places e.g Cinema, restaurants etc. That's my understanding anyway.

Our DD who is 11 will only require pre departure LFT for entry to UK & day 2 PCR test

Youngest DD 2 doesn't require anything.

The Eurotunnel website is really helpful eurotunnel/uk/travel...test/covid-19/

Edited at 11:18 AM.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RichyC View Post
Our DD who is 11 will only require pre departure LFT for entry to UK.
Won’t they also require the day 2 PCR, which would need to be booked before you travel back to the UK?
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Won’t they also require the day 2 PCR, which would need to be booked before you travel back to the UK?
Sorry yes, we will need 4x pre departure tests & also 4x day 2 tests for the UK for all of us apart from our 2 year old.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Unvaccinated 12+ need antigen to enter France. Need these too for health pass. 3 days before travel antigen needed for everyone. C19 testing do QR codes for health pass and these can be used for entry to France and entry back to UK. Other companies do antigen tests too, take a photo of test and upload and receive a certificate.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to jump in but we are going in december for 2 nights/3 days. Will we need to do those tests, we are 5 adults vaccinated and a 5 yr old.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Sorry to jump in but we are going in december for 2 nights/3 days. Will we need to do those tests, we are 5 adults vaccinated and a 5 yr old.
As it stands vaccinated adults don't need to test to travel, but you need an antigen (lateral flow) before 72 hours before you return for adults, but that might be before you've even left the UK on a short trip, then the day 2 pcr when you return.
Check the gov.uk website as it's all laid out on there 👍