Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My email confirmation is from 9.46am. I had to phone up as I wanted to cancel two existing trips and transfer what I'd paid so I expect I'll have phoned around 9am.

I'm not sure what time the new flights are uploaded, sorry. If no-one knows, it might be worth checking at midnight tonight and then at some random times in the morning.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have done in the past. I think best way to approach it is have a price you are happy with in your head and book as soon as you see it. Then never look back.
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
Having booked before I should know but just can’t remember what time they actually go on sale on release day ? Is it at Midnight? 7am ? 9am ?
Definitely before 7am as I look early most mornings but not sure exactly what time.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's midnight GMT/UTC, doesn't change for daylight savings. So at the moment, they release at 1am.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Have to played around with the dates and airports maybe?
I booked ours on release day, got 3a3c and 7 nights in Cabana bay for £2900 something.
Lhr-mco-Mia-lhr.
It was £300 cheaper to come back from Miami and about £500 cheaper to fly out on Wednesday rather than Saturday.
Thats a great price!
Thanks for advice, unfortunately the only flexibility in dates is to reduce the 14 days to less due to school/work commitments and we're not hiring a car as we're on site so probably need to stick to MCO.
Have looked at various indirect options and dropping a day so not flying sat-sat. Just going to have to suck up the price I think, just annoying that I could have had it so much cheaper if I had realised that the price in my head was unrealistic.
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have just looked at the price of flights released today and they are no different to the prices released a few days or weeks earlier. I will look again at midnight or 1am, but personally I am sceptical that there is any advantage to doing this.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I booked Heathrow-New York and Tampa-Gatwick last week on the return release date. The outbound has stayed the same, but the return from Tampa has gone up by over £500 (4 of us).
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I booked Heathrow-New York and Tampa-Gatwick last week on the return release date. The outbound has stayed the same, but the return from Tampa has gone up by over £500 (4 of us).
Definitely agree with this. I’m similar flights but LHR to LAX and then Tampa to Gatwick. I’ve been tracking for ages £400-£500 more for return flights within a day or two for the 4 of us. I can book mine on Thursday and I’m definitely doing it release day early. MCO to Gatwick is crazy. £1800 more

Edited at 10:04 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I’ve booked reward seats immediately on release for UC as they disappear quickly.
Have also booked on release date for purchasing but it depends on what day of the week your release date falls on. Weekends can be at a higher initial cost it seems.
Follow your airline/s pattern on a few release dates compared with a few days later and you’ll know what is classed a good price.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I believe that BA are at their best on release date. I track after buying and my experience is that whilst an initial price may be maintained, it doesn’t seem to drop.
Certainly with BA the flight/Fly drive packages I’ve tracked which have mainly been around October half terms, have never been below release day prices, although they do vary and go down but never seen them cheaper than the initial price.

Virgin however seem to be quite expensive on release date, but get cheaper a few days later.

Caveat, I’ve mainly only tracked around October half term, I’ve only done I think three different (non pandemic affected) years. Sampling tends to tail off, particularly after Christmas/ New Year sales, so I could easily have missed a short temporary dip in prices.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List