Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Sep 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

May I ask what you paid and what they went up too?
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
May I ask what you paid and what they went up too?
Well, I've just checked the price if I booked today and all I can say is WOW!

We paid £708 each for direct flights and car hire, booked at 9am (ish) on flight release day. This increased to just under £1000 each later that day and has just continued to increase. I've just priced the same trip up and it's now £1621 each! Although, we could bring the price down to £1159 with indirect flights.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Crickey! Those are huge jumps! Is that per person or for a number of you ?
I am looking to book 6 tickets for next August and I figure my release date is going to be this Thursday. I have work on Thursday but if the price difference is that much I’m going to have to try to stay up or at least set an early alarm!
That's for the four of us - 2 ad, 1 teen, 1 child. Direct flights into Tampa - we can't afford to fly to Orlando

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My release day is today, I checked flights with BA around 6.30am they were a lot more than hoping for so didn't book. I looked again at around 9am and they've gone up another £1k ish. We usually book in Oct for end of Aug I just hope they come down a bit 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Old 7 Sep 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Depends if I'm happy with the price. Would rather get them booked ASAP and not have to think about them again than get close to the holiday and be sweating on how we're getting there.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
We typically book on release date and this year, due to some work commitments, I had actually looked at BA pricing literally as they release compared to later in the day. As a result, I got up at 1am the day the return flight released and saved about £150 on the cost of flights at 8am and c.£300 on the prices later that day.

Having tracked pricing keenly for a couple of weeks, it might just be this year but BA's summer 2022 prices seem to normally be cheaper on the day of release... and even cheaper the hour of release !

Worth doing your own tracking before setting that alarm, though !
UPDATE... just checked same flights on BA.com today and they are now £600 more expensive than we paid (5 people). Good luck DiBBers !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bubster20
slightly serious Dibber

I agree that it looks like cheapest on release day at the moment…I booked our trip for 12/6-9/7/22 with BA on release day, it’s gone up precisely £3015 since then!

I have never check prices once booked but I noticed at the end of Aug their sale had started so thought I’d have a look…never been so relieved!
Old 7 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would always look for flights on release dates as I have in the majority of cases over 20 years have found them cheapest. If I see a good price I book.
However, our dates are now very flexible so can pick and choose dates so that may change things for us
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm considering booking my BA flydrive now even though it's gone up substantially since this morning but I'm worried it will go up more if I don't 😮
We will be covered by BA flexible booking policy and if flights drop in price we can change them, I did the same thing for this year's flights although obviously cancelled in the end 🤦
Old 7 Sep 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
My release day is today, I checked flights with BA around 6.30am they were a lot more than hoping for so didn't book. I looked again at around 9am and they've gone up another £1k ish. We usually book in Oct for end of Aug I just hope they come down a bit 🤞🤞🤞🤞
This was my experience earlier in the year for May dates, I only booked the flights yesterday having checked daily since then whilst they just kept climbing. Sudden brief dip yesterday - still higher than I originally hoped for but by now I have realised that my original number was obviously unrealistic! Today the same flights have jumped back up by £650 (for 4 of us) so be ready to pounce when you do see a price you can work with 🤞