Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Sep 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cool Durdle door should come with a Health warning!

We went to Dorset for a couple of nights stayed in a lovely pub called The coach house inn, lovely rooms with netfilx and Bluetooth mirror in the bathroom to play music. On Monday we headed to Durdle door I was amazed it the beautiful scenery and headed downwards. We oohed and ahhred at the spectacular sights and my legs shook slightly going down at the amazing spectacular Durdle door. When we were on the stony beach I thought this is lovely but how I am going to get back up! 🤔
Turns out I couldn’t I puffed and couldn’t breathe, my legs hurt and I wanted to vomit and stopped and started 50 times and ended up in a heap at the side crying and ready to lie down and die. I got medical assistance, my daughter was with me and my husband had bogged off with the dog. I was given ice packs, ice water and a parasol because it was 27 degrees. They were sending a quad bike thingy but I manger to get my fat ≈≈≈≈ up the last bit. NEVER AGAIN, so yes I fat and in my fifties but others were bigger and older and they were doing it. Apart from that we had a great time, good food and afternoon tea with cake 🎂, poppy loved it and had a swim in ludwoth cove. It was boiling and we would go again but not to durdle door! 😬 Here’s some
photos
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Oh, some lovely photos Sandra!

And I totally and utterly get you about the stony beach there at Durdle Door!
It's been a few years since I've visited that pretty, innocent looking beach

"Let's go to the waters edge! Comes the inevitable cry
"yeah, let's!"
Get down there, not much problem, and then suddenly it's 'uh-oh'

Getting back up that beach is a physical feat that no athlete would brush off as not taxing!
Feet sliding about, getting no grip, so steep, sliding back

If I go there again, I will admire from the top of the hill, I've done it once, never again
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It looks absolutely beautiful Sandra and the food looks so good.
Hope you’re feeling ok now
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I was thinking blimey how fit I must be for my age but I've just realised the last time we went there was the weekend the Queen Mother died so I was a good bit younger myself!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I hope you're ok now Sandra and enjoyed your break. The food looks yummy.
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Fantastic pics Sandra,sorry but your story did make make me laugh,I would have needed a helicopter rescue.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Look so amazing Sandra
I would have needed a winch to get me back up since fibromyalgia and long Covid going up the stairs I’m beat
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter was lovely but when I told my younger son he said they should of got a crane!
Old 8 Sep 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My daughter was lovely but when I told my younger son he said they should of got a crane!
My son's would have said the same to me😳
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We went earlier this summer, and I was exactly the same. Pleased I went but next time I will enjoy the view from the top. I think we are around the same age Sandra so I completely understand how you felt 😢 Pleased you’ve enjoyed the holiday though.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List