Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Poor little mite.
Hope he is back cuddling with you very soon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

I’m so sorry, this is absolutely awful. I hope your beautiful little dog is doing so much better today. Please update us when you can, I’ll be thinking of you today. Hope you’re doing ok too xx
Old 9 Sep 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a horrible thing to happen and hope your dog recovers soon
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When you call the police and you should, you need to use the phrase dangerous out of control in a public space. This is the offence that has been committed, it attacked your dog but it could have been a child. If they are responsible owners they will have insurance and are liable for you vets bills under the 3rd party cover after the normal £300 excess. You should never take out a dog if you can not control it.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you everyone for all your kind words, I’ve spoken to the vet first thing this morning and they’ve said he’s had a comfortable night.

They are operating mid morning and should have another update for me by lunchtime.

I’ve phoned the police and logged the incident but they did say because it was dog on dog there’s very little they can do.

I’ve just spoken to the dog warden who recorded all the details and she’s coming to see me tomorrow morning to take a statement.

The owner of the dog came to my door this morning with her contact details, she’s going to cover all the vet bills.

She did say she’d dislocated her shoulder a while back and that’s why she didn’t have the strength to hold him back when he lunged, but then why was she walking him if that’s the case, it could have been a child the dog attacked and she couldn’t have done anything about it.

All she could say was how she’d had an awful night and hardly slept because it was so awful, but her dog is ok whereas mine is lying in the vets and having to have surgery 🥲

I had the most awful night I think I managed about 3 hours sleep, I slept on the sofa I couldn’t bear to go to bed without him 😭 everytime I closed my eyes I could see it happening.
I feel guilty that I wasn’t able to protect him and he’s hurt.
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so so sorry about your dog and really hope they make a full and quick recovery.

The owner of the other dog, it would seem they are really trying to come to terms with the incident themselves and attempting to do all they can to help. While it’s perfectly understandable you’re angry with her (& have every right to be) it does appear she’s trying her best to make sure you understand how sorry she is.

I know I can’t walk my dog alone so I don’t. Perhaps she didn’t know this until her dog pulled that hard this time. I don’t know. I’m not making excuses for her at all but she seems to also be in pain.
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is terrible and hope your dog makes a full recovery, her dog needs to be muzzled in future and her paying the vets bills is something I suppose. Awful for you and seems upset too, hope your doggy is better soon xx
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
I am so so sorry about your dog and really hope they make a full and quick recovery.

The owner of the other dog, it would seem they are really trying to come to terms with the incident themselves and attempting to do all they can to help. While it’s perfectly understandable you’re angry with her (& have every right to be) it does appear she’s trying her best to make sure you understand how sorry she is.

I know I can’t walk my dog alone so I don’t. Perhaps she didn’t know this until her dog pulled that hard this time. I don’t know. I’m not making excuses for her at all but she seems to also be in pain.

Yes I’ve no doubt that this has been very traumatic for her and I do appreciate she is trying her best to do what she can, I did tell her this morning I appreciated her knocking my door and I knew it wasn’t easy for her to do.

I just didn’t want her making it about her and her dog, my only concern at the moment is my dog.
I know I’m being emotional over it, he’s just my baby boy, I work from home and he’s always with me I’m a childminder and he’s so kind and gentle with all the little ones I’m just so worried that the trauma for him will change his personality.
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Yes I’ve no doubt that this has been very traumatic for her and I do appreciate she is trying her best to do what she can, I did tell her this morning I appreciated her knocking my door and I knew it wasn’t easy for her to do.

I just didn’t want her making it about her and her dog, my only concern at the moment is my dog.
I know I’m being emotional over it, he’s just my baby boy, I work from home and he’s always with me I’m a childminder and he’s so kind and gentle with all the little ones I’m just so worried that the trauma for him will change his personality.
This is only natural though! Her dog hasn't been injured, but yours has x
Although it's nice to acknowledge that she's being decent about it.
The dog definitely needs to be muzzled going forwards.
Hope your little dogs operation goes well and that he's back home with you soon x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

This is my worse nightmare and I am so tense when I walk my dog and see another dog not on a lead or a large dog straining at their lead. I agree the other dogs needs to be muzzled when out. I hope you get your little dog home soon for lots of cuddles
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List