Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We have a trip booked for April. Going to do Universal and no Disney. However, if things haven't changed by christmas we will cancel rather than pay balance.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Yup, end of April for two weeks, 4th change but if it is cancelled again then not rebooking. Still got a trip for end of November this year, that one has been changed 6 times, still hopeful but will move that one again if we have to, probably to September next year.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Currently booked for late Feb/early March, our 4th attempt since pandemic. Not doing Disney at all, too much and don't like recent changes. If Feb doesent happen will make a decision on whether to take refunds for flights or rebook for May depending on Aer Lingus prices.

Have to say we've recently talked about non USA holidays in future, if May doesent happen think we will look elsewhere.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We've had 2 cancelled trips (Sept 20 & 21), and we're hoping to move it to Aug 2022.

Beyond then, I have no idea when we could fit in another trip. The 2020 trip was to be my mother in law's first (and probably only) trip with us, but at 70 now (71 next August) with failing mobility, who knows how long her health will be good enough to delay our trip. Team that up with kids growing up (currently 20, 17 and 15), we're fast running out of time to have the family trip we had planned for 2020.

So yes, we're intending on going in 2022, but whether we go or not is obviously out of our hands.

I'd say my confidence at the moment is 50/50.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I want to go in May 2022 being as the chances of travel before Christmas are probably non existent.

But, you'd be stupid to book any new travel until the inept Biden administration finally give an indication of what their strategy is. I probably will hold off until a few months before
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re booked for 30th April 10 nights at Universal and 7 nights at Disney.
I’m feeling less optimistic every day but if it doesn’t go ahead we’ll go somewhere else.
We’ve decided to stick with the Disney booking as there’s only 2 of us so the extra charges won’t be as bad for us but we both think this will sadly be our last Disney trip.
We also have October 22 booked 14 nights at Universal and will probably do Discovery Cove Seaworld and Busch Gardens.
Again if we can’t go we’ll go elsewhere
After next year we really don’t know if we’ll go back to Orlando DH has started saying he’s getting too old for the parks now🥲
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I want to go in May 2022 being as the chances of travel before Christmas are probably non existent.

But, you'd be stupid to book any new travel until the inept Biden administration finally give an indication of what their strategy is. I probably will hold off until a few months before
Why is it stupid? Paid a £200 deposit for my flights and car. I can cancel if need be. Prices will only get worse if and when travel opens up. So not really stupid.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post

Whoa. I think that comment is really kinda mean. I fully expect travel will open again next year and people aren't stupid if they book it. Optimistic yes, but stupid? Really?
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Why is it stupid? Paid a £200 deposit for my flights and car. I can cancel if need be. Prices will only get worse if and when travel opens up. So not really stupid.
It’s a myth that prices will go up as we have seen and benefited from much lower flight prices to those countries that have let us in during the last 12 months. Travel is going to remain well down until at least 2025 especially the lucrative business market.

I would speculate that once the borders are open, additional flights will be added to the bucket and spade routes to make up for the lack of demand to other US airports ( NYC for example)
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Whoa. I think that comment is really kinda mean. I fully expect travel will open again next year and people aren't stupid if they book it. Optimistic yes, but stupid? Really?
I wouldn't put new money into it , to have the issues with dealing with changes/refunds further down the line. Plus also some travel agents/airlines may fall into further financial difficulties so the last thing you want, no matter how small the chances are, is to have some Thomas Cook style fiasco.

For summer 2022 its less of an issue at this stage, as if its not solved by then, it will be mind boggling. I wouldn't certainly book anything until there is a clear direction of how things are progressing certainly for the next 4/5 months.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List